Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich At Home - Last Game Of The Season

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If memory serves me correct all games KO at 14:00 on that last Sunday of the season.

We are banned from playing at Withdean on a Sunday so what happens ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
If memory serves me correct all games KO at 14:00 on that last Sunday of the season.

We apply for special permission for a one off game because the foundations for Falmer are in place.

D

Deleted User X18H

I don't know where you people get this from we are not and never have been banned from playing on sundays at Withdean
whatever next............................

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Ipswich At Home - Last Game Of The Season

Yorkie said:
We apply for special permission for a one off game because the foundations for Falmer are in place.

Good start but will the nimbys accept this ?

We have a problem with this potentially

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
hove born&bred said:
I don't know where you people get this from we are not and never have been banned from playing on sundays at Withdean
whatever next............................

I think you are wrong as when we were in Div 1 last time we were allocated a Sunday game (Sheffield Utd at home ?) and it was re-scheduled.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm actually more concerned that it's against Ipswich. The last couple of times we played Ipswich on the last day of the season have proved eventful. A Dean Wilkins goal led to the playoffs. A defeat at Portman Road led to relegation. Can we avoid the latter this time please

D

Deleted User X18H

yes but not because we are banned from playing there on Sundays, ok if we had finished 5th in league what would have happened then?.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
My memory's a bit hazy on this, but I think there was a clash with some other event on the Saturday so our match was set for Sunday. This other event was then cancelled, so we were able to move the match back to the Saturday.

I'll try and remember to look in the match programmes for that season to see if there's anything about it.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Found it over the weekend. One of the Park and Rides (Mithras House) was unavailable on the Saturday, so we moved the match to Sunday.

There may have been a request from the residents about this (it isn't clear), but the club arranged a one-off alternative Park and Ride at Preston Barracks, so we moved the match back to Saturday.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Beach Hut said:

Memory going is it?

Turn up at 2 you will have missed the first 1/2 hour

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
surely if this was true the league would have given us an away game to finish like they do on the opening day of the season each year

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
OI...this is too much like a footy thread...pack it in!!!

I prefer red peppers to tomatos...discuss

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
OI...this is too much like a footy thread...pack it in!!!

I prefer red peppers to tomatos...discuss

Red peppers have far more vitamin C but tomatoes (especially cherry ones have cancer fighting properties)

No doubt the club will sort it out with or without our help ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Incredigull said:
All the overseas fans get a finale in Sussex for a change :drink: :drink:

Except they may struggle to get a ticket

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
The s.106 planning agreement for Withdean does not allow matches on a Sunday. The Club will have to get special permission from the Council

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here