Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipod Help

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
Sorry if this has been talked about previously but i need some Ipod help

I got a video Ipod for Xmas and still have hardly any tunes on it let alone videos. This was mainly because my PC at home was bust so my girlfriend used her I-Tunes on her laptop to put some songs on for me. I now have a brand spanking new PC and want to transfer all my CDs etc on to my Ipod. However, if i do this using my I-Tunes i will lose everything that is already on the Ipod.

I guess what im reallly asking, is there anyway to share music between Ipods? Winamp was mentioned on a previous thread. I looked at this but dont really understand how it all works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I had the same problem....I put something on my IPOD at work and when I updated my itues library at home with teh IPOD it wiped them off.

Its something to do with synchronisation settings. try the Apple/IPOD website

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Just make sure you are updating your ipod manually and not automatically. Cant remember how to do that though, somewhere in prefrences.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
culvers said:
Just make sure you are updating your ipod manually and not automatically. Cant remember how to do that though, somewhere in prefrences.

This is very important.

Once you've set it to manual synchronisation you can chop and change tracks at your convenience without iTunes deciding you can have all or nothing.

Just go into preferences and switch from auto-sync to manual

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here