Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipod album covers techie help please

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I updated to the latest itunes on one of my computers and everything worked fine. I have now done the same on my laptop and everything is the same as the other computer except that when I try and browse album covers I get the message "itunes is unable to browse album covers on this computer"

Wtf?? as it will let me view album covers on the middle button where they come up beside each individual song.

It's on windows 2000 and I have updated to service pack 4 as that is listed as a requirement and then redownloaded and re-installed iopd set up

Any ideas apart from the fact that apple have taken a dislike to my laptop ? :jester:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Have you signed in to the iStore ??? I think you need to do that first before you can browse through them.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Taylor159370 said:
Have you signed in to the iStore ??? I think you need to do that first before you can browse through them.

Yup done that too, it tells me it is downloading covers as well. :shrug:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Icy Gull said:
Yup done that too, it tells me it is downloading covers as well. :shrug:

Sorry mate, nothing more I could suggest. Maybe someone else will know more than I do.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have the cover art work showing when I play the album or song so it's already there but just won't appear under the browse by album covers button :angry: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
why would anyone in their right mind want to browse songs by album cover?

or am i missing a trick here?

please enlighten me!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hoggy said:
why would anyone in their right mind want to browse songs by album cover?

or am i missing a trick here?

please enlighten me!

Not songs but albums, which is what I find frustrating and the point of this thread as I can only browse the covers by songs but not by album at the moment

maybe it's an old timers pastime because it's just like flicking through old vinyl album sleeves to decide what you want to listen to as the cover of an album is a much quicker way to identify what's on the album than just by the name...for me anyway:) also more pleasing on the eye than a list of songs, as the covers are often as interesting as the album!

Last edited:

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
Icy Gull said:
Not songs but albums, which is what I find frustrating and the point of this thread as I can only browse the covers by songs but not by album at the moment

maybe it's an old timers pastime because it's just like flicking through old vinyl album sleeves to decide what you want to listen to as the cover of an album is a much quicker way to identify what's on the album than just by the name...for me anyway:) also more pleasing on the eye than a list of songs, as the covers are often as interesting as the album!

consider me enlightened :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hoggy said:
consider me enlightened :)

Pleasure, but I can understand your reluctance to want to browse James Blunt album sleeves :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For any of you that get the same problem, I have spoken to Apple and apparently it's a glitch in their system and has happened to loads of people. They HOPE to rectify it in the next ipod set up download :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here