Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone and Mobile Me Help

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Help please ....

I now have the subscription Mobile Me to link if with my iPhone; problem is it won't import my calendar, it shows a message on iTunes saying "No supported calendar application can be found", any ideas what I've done wrong?

Old Git Note: Yes I am nearly bloody 50 and this type of technology has somewhat passed me by; which is why I've asked you guys PLEASE!

Failing this I could do what I've always done and used Outlook but that would be admitting defeat!

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Alas you have just exposed the complete limit of my IT knowledge ...

Did that, in fact twice, and added a large exhaulation after the second one ... now I'm kind of stuck ... although haven't knocked it on the desk yet! :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What about taking the battery out ?

Woah Man, we're talking high maintenance = high risk, I'll loose all sorts of things I currently have and all sorts of things I can currently do ... like make a call!

No, the answer lies within NSC, I know it it's only a matter of time before someone either says Press this, do that etc and hey presto it works or someone posts a picture of a beautiful lady to pass the time and go towards easing my pain and misery!

Tim

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Windows 7

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I use it on my Mac and it's fine, but my understanding of it on Windows computers is that it synchronises with Outlook, assuming you have that?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That's what I think, I purchased the sort of home edition which, and you'll love this, doesn't have outlook ... but I can buy a bolt on for £100. So I thought I'b go for the £59 mobile me option.

Thanks anyway,

Tim

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That's what I think, I purchased the sort of home edition which, and you'll love this, doesn't have outlook ... but I can buy a bolt on for £100. So I thought I'b go for the £59 mobile me option.

Thanks anyway,

Tim

Yep you need Outlook 03 or 07.

Instructions here:

Apple - MobileMe - Set Up MobileMe

One thing I will say is make sure you make a local back up of everything you sync with MobileMe. I had my contacts sync'ing so didn't bother backing them up locally. I canceled my MobileMe subscription but forgot to turn off the sync'ing on my phone. My subscription ended and my contacts tried to sync with a non existent account and it wiped all my contacts. Tried to get them back from Apple and no dice!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Alas you have just exposed the complete limit of my IT knowledge ...

Did that, in fact twice, and added a large exhaulation after the second one ... now I'm kind of stuck ... although haven't knocked it on the desk yet! :shrug:

I also have an iphone, i am a couple or years older than you, and my knowledge is FAR less than yours :lolol: my 13 year old grandson, who i might add does not have an iphone, sorts it all out for me.........sad or what !!! :p

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yep you need Outlook 03 or 07.

Instructions here:

Apple - MobileMe - Set Up MobileMe

One thing I will say is make sure you make a local back up of everything you sync with MobileMe. I had my contacts sync'ing so didn't bother backing them up locally. I canceled my MobileMe subscription but forgot to turn off the sync'ing on my phone. My subscription ended and my contacts tried to sync with a non existent account and it wiped all my contacts. Tried to get them back from Apple and no dice!

Thanks very much ... oh poo was hoping to avoid that!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would suggest the use of inverted commas in the thread title in future so people don't think you are semi-literate.

I'll keep that in mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here