Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipad v Galaxy

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Looking at getting one for the wife for her birthday and wanted to know what my learned friends on NSC would recommend. I know they have some merits each and one of the concerns about the Ipad is the lack of Java functionality on web pages etc but will bow down to the best advice.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Ipad doesn't do flash, so that puts me off (I want to be able to play poker and use the Seagulls player) but there's more apps for iOS than Android at the moment. It's essentially down to what she's planning on doing with it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
HTC Desire, doesn't feel plastic like a Galaxy and doesn't have the restrictions of an iPhone. Sorry just read it back you were saying iPad v Galaxy? One is a phone and the other is a netbook?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
iPad seems quite popular.

As for Galaxy, I see they played tonight, players including Juan Pablo Angel, David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Chirs Birchall, not bad really, reckon soccerball is catching on over there nowadays. .

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
OK thanks for the sarci remarks. All I really wanted to know what out of the two Tablets Ipad or Samsung Galaxy was the best. Ipad will have a vast arry of apps but if you wante dto surf the net and play games on such as the trillions of games on facebook would they work well on the Ipad given Apple doesn't do Flash

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
OK thanks for the sarci remarks. All I really wanted to know what out of the two Tablets Ipad or Samsung Galaxy was the best. Ipad will have a vast arry of apps but if you wante dto surf the net and play games on such as the trillions of games on facebook would they work well on the Ipad given Apple doesn't do Flash

To be honest Flash is present on the Galaxy but it's far from good - I don't think that Facebook games will run very well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
neither, go for a iphone or HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy. half the price, much smaller and same basic functionality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here