Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Internet help

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Sorry - this subject probably bores veryone rigid by now as it seems to pop up pretty often, but I've just moved house, and Ntl don't supply to my new address, so I've got to find someone new.

Any reccomendations?

If I can't get NTL, does that mean that I have to get broadband through my phone line (ie: does that mean I have to activate my phone line with BT?)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't go with f***ing AOL, i'am with them and fed up with talking to indian f***ing call centre with people who don't understand what i'm talking about b4 passing me on to someone else who i have to explain the whole thing again to then be told that they can't help

And breathe

:angry: :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Sorry - this subject probably bores veryone rigid by now as it seems to pop up pretty often, but I've just moved house, and Ntl don't supply to my new address, so I've got to find someone new.

Any reccomendations?

If I can't get NTL, does that mean that I have to get broadband through my phone line (ie: does that mean I have to activate my phone line with BT?)

Cheapest is Tiscali. I use Waitrose who are pretty good even though the have an Asian call centre, it's quite good.
Pipex have a very good reputation as well. Agree that AOL and BTYahoo should be avoided like the plague though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
NTL Cable, comes through your TV 'line', i cant be assed to go into it massively, but essentially you get your TV and internet come through 1 line into your house.

With BT [ADSL], you will need a BT phone line, the internet goes through that, and you can choose from ANY ADSL provider, ADSL performance depends on how far you are from your local exchange, and the condition of your line.

www.adslguide.org is all you need, for information about ADSL.

Nowadays, I cant see why you cant get NTL, which imo in this area it is great, and cheap [im assuming you're Brighton area]

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
madasafish are fine and very competitive. Sign up through the money saving expert site and it works out at something like 11.99 a month after the opening discount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here