Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International Alcohol

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Having just got back from Canada, where I tried a number of Canadian beers, I'm missing them already. They were (mostly) lush. Anyone know if there's a place near by, or online, where you can purchase a wide range of beers from around the globe? Not just the popular shit (e.g. Budweiser).

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Lidl do a lovely German premium pil called Perlenbacher . £5.99 for a case of 6 1/2 ltr bottles .

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Went to Berlin last year and sat at the top of the tower thing drinking Berliner Pilsner. Lovely stuff but cant get it over here.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
will give it a try . perlenbacher ia 4.9% :drink:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Having just got back from Canada, where I tried a number of Canadian beers, I'm missing them already. They were (mostly) lush. Anyone know if there's a place near by, or online, where you can purchase a wide range of beers from around the globe? Not just the popular shit (e.g. Budweiser).

I am a big fan of Molson but not LaBatts.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
molson is delightful and i rather liked kokane - but i cant think of any beers in the world that i have had that top steam whistle

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I hold my hands up and have had a few sessions on it in witherspoons at £2.35 a bottle....but i know you can buy it in sainsburys they also sell that zywiec in witherspoons aswell

i am only kidding mate its easier to get than fosters now - no bad thing either, much better than most of the slop in your local corner shop. i agree with you its very good indeed, well done the poles and opportunistic corner shop owners for introducing it to britain.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Why can't we have nice lagers on the taps in our pubs?
I blame the kids, and the marketing people, and the press.

very true, one of the few shit things about drinking in England. We cannot be trusted with strong lager outside the home. Look how everyone goes 'ooh' when you order a stella, and how the mainland europeans do lower volume versions for the british drinking by volume market. shame really.

i remember when holsten got taken off in the spanish lady in saltdean about two decades ago (well it was exactly, the day after the tv got smashed up after platt scored against belgium) due to its lunacy inducing qualities. shame as holsten is great on tap.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If you tried anything from the "Sleeman" Canadian brewery, apparently that's a branch of my family. Never tried it myself.

Great beers-that was all I drank, beer wise, when I lived there. Of course I drank Timmie's during the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here