Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting times at Bournemouth

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You can see both sides on this one. It seems easy enough to criticise a chairman who offers out an irate supporter whilst completely pissed up. And to be honest, Bournemouth have sold nearly all their half decent players inside a single season. However, I think he could reasonably expect a season's patience from those supporters, who have watched the bloke save them from bankrupcy and embark on two fantastic seasons resulting in one promotion, and nearly another.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
From the comments on 6-0-6 on Saturday, it appeared the chairman was doing a Delia, and had sniffed the barmaid's apron a few times too many.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From the comments on 6-0-6 on Saturday, it appeared the chairman was doing a Delia, and had sniffed the barmaid's apron a few times too many.

They showed it on South Today last night. Patently pissed as a fart and had to be firmly but gently steered away from the fans by the club's stewards. A fitting follow-up to his legendary appearance at their fans forum a fortnight earlier when he suggested the fans piss off and support Southampton if they didn't like the way the club was being run :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Reminds me of a certain Mr. Stanley. Appeared to be the clubs saviour, but in reality a money grabbing alcoholic, who did very nicely thankyou with his expensive loan to the club......not to mention his introduction to the club of Mr. Archer.

I believe the Bournemouth fans are questioning the involvement of the Chairmans own building firm on projects at their ground. Bournemouth were successful recently due to a number of good forwards (all sold now) and a very good young manager. All now gone from the club. Doesn't seem to me that the Chairman is such a 'saviour' as some would have you believe.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Reminds me of the Grimsby manager who was having a right old go at booing fans by telling them that they dont have any money, and they can either like it or lump it! I kinda sympathise with him though.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The guy comes across as a cock but his sentiments are spot on. Clubs need to start living within their means, and if that is what he is doing with Bournemouth then good luck to him.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Bournemouth have sold nearly all their half decent players inside a single season
Was trying to find a list somewhere of all the players they have sold. I know Ings went to Burnley. Anyone know who else has gone?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In the last two seasons...

PLAYER TO FEE DATE
Danny Hollands Charlton Free 01 Jul, 2011
Rhoys Wiggins Charlton Signed 01 Jul, 2011
Jon Stewart Burnley Free 01 Jul, 2011
Anton Robinson Huddersfield Signed 01 Aug, 2011
Danny Ings Burnley Signed 15 Aug, 2011
Liam Feeney Millwall £200,000 31 Aug, 2011
Brett Pitman Bristol C Signed 23 Aug, 2010
Josh McQuoid Millwall Signed 06 Jan, 2011
Marvin Bartley Burnley £350,000 31 Jan, 2011
Jason Pearce Portsmouth £500,000 24 Jun, 2011

All players going to a club better placed than Bournemouth.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Was trying to find a list somewhere of all the players they have sold. I know Ings went to Burnley. Anyone know who else has gone?

Off the top of my head Pittman, McQuoid, Bartley, Feeney and Pearce. They got compensation for Howe going to Burnley as well.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
In the last two seasons...

PLAYER TO FEE DATE
Danny Hollands Charlton Free 01 Jul, 2011
Rhoys Wiggins Charlton Signed 01 Jul, 2011
Jon Stewart Burnley Free 01 Jul, 2011
Anton Robinson Huddersfield Signed 01 Aug, 2011
Danny Ings Burnley Signed 15 Aug, 2011
Liam Feeney Millwall £200,000 31 Aug, 2011
Brett Pitman Bristol C Signed 23 Aug, 2010
Josh McQuoid Millwall Signed 06 Jan, 2011
Marvin Bartley Burnley £350,000 31 Jan, 2011
Jason Pearce Portsmouth £500,000 24 Jun, 2011

All players going to a club better placed than Bournemouth.

That's some list!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here