Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting Timeline.........May 2008 Dean Wilkins steers the Albion to 7th place ..

D

Deleted User X18H

..in League 1

Late May 2008 DK sacks Dean Wilkins for no apparent reason other than to bring in the greatest manager the Albion has ever had

February 2009 DK eats large slices of humble pie and sacks MA (no arguments he sacked him)

May 2009 Albion beat the drop to League 2 (the division 4 trap door on the last day of the season)

Mid May 2009 DK resigns as Chairman of The Albion and major investor Tony Bloom who was allegedly against re appointing Adams takes over.

Well everyone else is being controversial !!!!

Did one rash lack of judgement in 12 years cost DK his Chairmanship???

D

Deleted User X18H

hmm I think the Adams obsession helped!!

But this time last year we were all Adams obsessed

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think a combination of that poor decision, but also, the Credit Crunch did it for him.

Pre last summer the banks would have loaned the money, after September/October 08 that was never going to happen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you assume this wasnt already plan B back then (if funding from banks was tricky). this also assumes it wasnt largly plan A all along.

i wonder if bringing in MA was intended to get us back to the Championship under him as one last hurrah of the old team that brought us back to Brighton.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Timbo, which of the decisions to you consider to have been rash.
1) Sacking Wilkins
2) Going back and appointing Adams
3) Not sacking Adams when he should have done.
4) Sacking him when he did!

D

Deleted User X18H

Sacking Wilkins was more Rash then measles

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
??? Adams left by mutual consent.:glare:
At least quote the facts.

I don't think anyone actually believes that. Adams issued a statement about a week before his SACKING saying he wasn't going anywhere.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I don't think anyone actually believes that. Adams issued a statement about a week before his SACKING saying he wasn't going anywhere.

exactly! it seems like tony bloom has been calling the shots for a while. with that in mind, i'm surprised he agreed to wilkins being sacked and adams coming back - or perhaps he didn't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here