Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting read? Maybe... Schalke manager

Indeed very interesting. I might have seen him play with Southwick (I had a trial with them but earlier in the 70's so wouldn't have played alongside him).
Who knows, some of us might have encountered him around Brighton and area at that time. Too bad he wasn't a Goldstone regular, but you can't blame a German for heading to the top flight games I suppose.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Indeed very interesting. I might have seen him play with Southwick (I had a trial with them but earlier in the 70's so wouldn't have played alongside him).
Who knows, some of us might have encountered him around Brighton and area at that time. Too bad he wasn't a Goldstone regular, but you can't blame a German for heading to the top flight games I suppose.

Division 1 was the top flight then - and he says it was when we were in Division 1?

He says "'I'd see either Arsenal or Tottenham usually. But Brighton and Hove Albion were in the First Division then so I'd go to the old Goldstone Ground... "

Clearly he was just another glory hunter, preferring to go to watch a "big" London club. :mad:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just imagine that Schalke win the European Cup, wonder if Herr Rangnick would have a pre season friendly at the Amex ?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I put that out on our fan site today and it got a lot of support. We have only 3000 tickets for Old Trafford and probably around 20,000 who want to come. We haven't played in the UK for some time and everyone is really up for it. The players left the pitch Wednesday night (except Raul who disappeared into the Nordkurve) to London Calling at full volume over the PA. Will probably get 20,000 tickets for the final though once United have fallen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here