Penrose, Cornwall
from the Plymouth Argyle programme 10th November 1990

Page_0008 (1157 x 822).jpg

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Thank f*** that didn't happen :)

D

Deleted member 18477

we would have had a stadium like wigan ffs. thank god!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Amazingly the only things missing from Rays dream, are a Bowling Alley and a Multiscreen Cinema. His Nephew has managed the lot aside from the car parking, maybe.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
In some ways, I feel if we actually had the Amex there it would've been perfect. It says a 'new Brighton by-pass' which I'm guessing probably is closer to Brighton than Falmer, people would've used the facilities as well on match days especially the Creche! And like said before, parking would've been easy. But the stadium is crap, thank god we have the Amex!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mind you, they mention a creche which I still think would be an excellent idea if feasible. I nearly asked the club about it around a year ago.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I remember that well. I was only a young man in those days but the thought of leaving the Goldstone did not appeal to me. It's amazing how over 20 years later, we have all that and more. God bless the Bloom's!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In some ways, I feel if we actually had the Amex there it would've been perfect. It says a 'new Brighton by-pass' which I'm guessing probably is closer to Brighton than Falmer, people would've used the facilities as well on match days especially the Creche! And like said before, parking would've been easy. But the stadium is crap, thank god we have the Amex!

The sites they had in mind were Waterhall and Toads Hole valley. Council hadnt been consulted at that stage

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Love the turnstiles :thumbsup:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
thats how huddersfield in with turnstiles then outside concourse then stands/seats

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That stadium looks terrible with 4 separate stands. Parking for 5000 would be good

To be fair, it was 1990, hardly any teams had built new stadiums by that point (Scunthorpe and one other...Walsall, perhaps?). I can remember being excited at the time by that design. It just happens to look a little dated now, but then it's 22 years old. I daresay in 22 years time, when some teams are building new stadiums, they'll look at the Amex and think it's nothing special. Nothing is future proof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here