Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insurance HELP needed

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Moving into a new house soon and have suddenly be told that our contents insurance must include protection against any accidental damage caused to the Landlord's contents, buildings, furniture, fixtures and fittings.

This is the first time I have ever had to have anything like this included on my insurance.

Is this usual?

Does anyone know of any cheap companies that do anything like this?

Your help would be appreciated xx

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is quite common for people letting a property.

Speak to Letsure as they offer a policy. I had a policy which covered this when I rented a property.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Artois said:
Moving into a new house soon and have suddenly be told that our contents insurance must include protection against any accidental damage caused to the Landlord's contents, buildings, furniture, fixtures and fittings.

This is the first time I have ever had to have anything like this included on my insurance.

Is this usual?

Does anyone know of any cheap companies that do anything like this?

Your help would be appreciated xx

As a landlord ( yes I'm scum I know ! ) I have to have insurance to cover the building and public liability. I don't worry about the contents ( I deduct from the deposit if need be ). Any landlord the relies on the tenant insuring the property and contents needs their head examining - how the hell do you ensure they keep up insurance premiums and the correct cover ???

If I were you I would question what you're being told - sounds very suspect to me. If you prefer I can sell you a nice re-developed 3 bed house in Hangleton in mid July ?;)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Insurance HELP needed

Westdene Seagull said:
As a landlord ( yes I'm scum I know ! ) I have to have insurance to cover the building and public liability. I don't worry about the contents ( I deduct from the deposit if need be ). Any landlord the relies on the tenant insuring the property and contents needs their head examining - how the hell do you ensure they keep up insurance premiums and the correct cover ???

If I were you I would question what you're being told - sounds very suspect to me. If you prefer I can sell you a nice re-developed 3 bed house in Hangleton in mid July ?;)

Depends on the tenancy agreement. I was with Leaders and they wouldnt let the property to you unless you had this cover. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Of course I didnt want to get into a debate about co insurance clauses etc etc for the sake of about £5 a month.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Re: Re: Re: Insurance HELP needed

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Depends on the tenancy agreement. I was with Leaders and they wouldnt let the property to you unless you had this cover. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Of course I didnt want to get into a debate about co insurance clauses etc etc for the sake of about £5 a month.

Oh ... the infamous Leaders - screw the tenants AND the landlord !!! Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: Re: Insurance HELP needed

Westdene Seagull said:
Oh ... the infamous Leaders - screw the tenants AND the landlord !!! Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

You're telling me...they stitched me and the XIV Eye up good and proper when we rented somewhere. Trouble is the place we were letting was perfect.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Go with Ecclsesiastical ...........they only insure teetotelers

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hove born&bred said:
Go with Ecclsesiastical ...........they only insure teetotelers
What do they do then - breathalise you before you make a claim ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here