Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Insiders response to Giraffe

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The "prawn sandwich" brigade comment is not fair. These seats have been offered to our sponsors who have supported us during our time at Withdean... many to the tune of hundreds of thousands, even millions of pounds. Then they were offered to all existing season ticket holders.

Well I have been a STH for many years ....when were we offered a chance to sit with the prawn sandwich brigade? Did we get a letter advertising its availablilty?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The "prawn sandwich" brigade comment is not fair. These seats have been offered to our sponsors who have supported us during our time at Withdean... many to the tune of hundreds of thousands, even millions of pounds. Then they were offered to all existing season ticket holders.

Well I have been a STH for many years ....when were we offered a chance to sit with the prawn sandwich brigade? Did we get a letter advertising its availablilty?

Yes Dave. Came with the DVD. We were asked to email club if we wanted to go to presentations IIRC.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'd be amazed if there aren't some good options still available - give them a call

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes Dave. Came with the DVD. We were asked to email club if we wanted to go to presentations IIRC.

Although many like me just saw the DVD and stuff the envelope somewhere not realising. When I did then contact the club, it took three weeks to get a reply by which time "most of the platinum seats have gone".

I'm sure there are still lots of very good seats left but given that I have been paying for three seats in the most expensive part of Withdean (and Gillingham before) I suspect I have given more than some of those corporates that are now benefitting from the best seats in the house.

But hey, it's going to be a fantastic stadium and I'm sure whatever the seat it will be brilliant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Although many like me just saw the DVD and stuff the envelope somewhere not realising. When I did then contact the club, it took three weeks to get a reply by which time "most of the platinum seats have gone".

I'm sure there are still lots of very good seats left but given that I have been paying for three seats in the most expensive part of Withdean (and Gillingham before) I suspect I have given more than some of those corporates that are now benefitting from the best seats in the house.

But hey, it's going to be a fantastic stadium and I'm sure whatever the seat it will be brilliant.

If you had you eye on the ball you would have got what you wanted. There was a lot of detail in the DVD covering letter, it was splashed all over this site numerous times and all you had to do was contact the club. Did you ring the club during the 3 weeks you sat waiting for an email?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

When you bought these 3 Expensive seats, was it to watch & support the Albion? have you got any enjoyment out of them? or was it literally just to 'Keep the club afloat'? I'm sure you will get to choose a great seat at Falmer but I still can't get the ' I deserve more than you' attitude.
Sorry.

In my opinion, "the best seats in the house" aren't the seats with the best view or the seats that are nearest the hospitality lounges. They are the seats nearest the mass of supporters that will create the best atmosphere to watch a game of football.

There's a very big part of me that is saying ... Don't be the FIRST to choose a seat at Falmer. Be the LAST.

I'll probably end up doing what happened when we first moved to Withdean. Get any old seat in the first season. Move somewhere better for the second season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah apologies. I saw the DVD and the letter and to be honest I binned the letter thinking it was a normal junk mail thing. I havent even watched the DVD:lol:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
In my opinion, "the best seats in the house" aren't the seats with the best view or the seats that are nearest the hospitality lounges. They are the seats nearest the mass of supporters that will create the best atmosphere to watch a game of football.

There's a very big part of me that is saying ... Don't be the FIRST to choose a seat at Falmer. Be the LAST.

Agreed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Yep. Better to be around as many people you know too. Handy when you have got, or want, spare tickets.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whats with this "prawn sandwich brigade" ? , I thought Albion fans preferred a bacon and cheese panini. :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I understand that the offer is not open to Huddersfield Town supporters because there is nowere to tie-up their whippets! :smile:

I do believe you can tie up your whippet outside Tesco , which is only a 10 minute walk away from the Galpharm. :lol:

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
I am not surprised that anyone missed this on the letter that came with the DVD, it was almost as if it was added to the back of the letter as an afterthought. Typically if you read a letter and it has the 'yours sincerely' stuff at the bottom there is no need to turn it over - from recollection this was how this letter was formatted. Fortunately my wife is a bit more thorough than me and read both sides.

The 'prawn sandwich' comment I believe is unfair. I currently sit out in the rain in the South Stand 'wings' and would never regard myself as the 'prawn sandwich' type, I have however been to the presentation by Paul Rogers down at Falmer as have numerous others who post on this board and are definitely not in the 'prawn sandwich' category.

I would consider the Gold offer (can't justify platinum) for several reasons: my circumstances have changed releasing a few extra quid a month, I always wanted to sit on that middle tier in the West Stand, I like the idea of being able to go for a half time pint or cup of tea and not have to queue for ages, and although I am only 46, none of us get any younger and I fancy a bit of luxury in my old age!!!

P.S. Paul Rogers is a superb salesman, he is so enthusiastic about the whole project

Ah apologies. I saw the DVD and the letter and to be honest I binned the letter thinking it was a normal junk mail thing. I havent even watched the DVD:lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

This.

who wants to sit in the prawn sandwich area if it offends anyway? if you want a seat with a "good view" near the centre, there must surely be more of these than the total capacity of Withdean? does it matter much if you are 12 rows into one half?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am not surprised that anyone missed this on the letter that came with the DVD, it was almost as if it was added to the back of the letter as an afterthought.
Which was part of my gripe, but a rather petty one in hindsight! :down:

Yep. Better to be around as many people you know too. Handy when you have got, or want, spare tickets.
Yep you're right. :thumbsup:

I'll probably end up doing what happened when we first moved to Withdean. Get any old seat in the first season. Move somewhere better for the second season.
You're right, I'm worrying too much for no reason. I must have a very content life to be bothered about this triviality :laugh:

When you bought these 3 Expensive seats, was it to watch & support the Albion? have you got any enjoyment out of them? or was it literally just to 'Keep the club afloat'? I'm sure you will get to choose a great seat at Falmer but I still can't get the ' I deserve more than you' attitude.
Sorry.
Yep done to support the Albion, frankly far more than for enjoyment. This last half of the season aside I suspect most of us have done it out of loyalty rather than entertainment :down:

If you had you eye on the ball you would have got what you wanted. There was a lot of detail in the DVD covering letter, it was splashed all over this site numerous times and all you had to do was contact the club. Did you ring the club during the 3 weeks you sat waiting for an email?
Yes I did, but was then on holiday. But now not interested and will happily take whatever seat comes my way.:thumbsup:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I was expecting a letter about the premium seats thanks to a project office response on Ask the Falmer Project Team on 10th February so I made sure I read all letters from the club thoroughly.

"The new portacabin that has gone into position at the site is the marketing suite for hospitality sales. Within the next two to three weeks we will be contacting our existing corporate customers and season ticket holders to invite expressions of interest."

I'm sure there must be plenty of Gold packages still available and when I visited the marketing suite a large proportion of the Platinum sales were actually provisional, i.e. no money had actually changed hands. Some of these customers would inevitably have change their minds so these seats would have become available again. Admittedly this was a couple of months ago so it's possible they may have been resold.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Exactly what I was saying to my wife last night.

Plus I really hope the club do not create a 'singing section', just let us decide where it will be. Although I have a feeling we will not be able to do this next to the away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here