Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon - Player of The Season, but no new contract (yet) ??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't read the thread but I hope he doesn't get a playing contract, he is no longer good enough if we are to show any ambition whatsoever next season. He was the weak link two seasons ago and it's only that we have gone so far backwards that he even gets in the squad.Would love the club to keep him on some capacity though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Watch until the end...is that a hint from upstairs?

(apols if fixtures)

Indeed, as I posted elsewhere. I'm welling up.

vqDAoZ.gif

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Watch until the end...is that a hint from upstairs?

(apols if fixtures)

Hint of what ?

Could be taken either way, really. It's not like he's waving, could be a hint that he's very much part of the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
POTY is only an award. Andy Whing was voted POTY in a season where he was the only player in the team who gave a ****. Where was the sentiment shown to OGH when he was after another deal ? The board will have to make a decision to give him another year (or two if they want him in the coaching set up). They may on the other hand decide to release him and bring in a fresh face who is on CH's radar or already on the club's list of targets over the summer.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Hint of what ?

Could be taken either way, really. It's not like he's waving, could be a hint that he's very much part of the club.

You may well be right but my first thought was that it was the start of an orchestrated goodbye to Calde.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
If he was definitely going I would've thought they would've announced it by now? They would want to give the fans a chance to say goodbye...

True but I don't they would have announced it before we were safe and to do it so shortly afterwards would be a poor show too. Also he'd have a testimonial in due course and if he was staying in anoher capacity there is less pressure to aanounce anything yet. Who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here