Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Info Required from the Rozzers on here.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have just taken the car in for a service and went to pick up the lend car and when I showed him my drivers licence he suggested that as it was the "old type" and not the new credit card type one, you could be done for not renewing it!

This sounds like bollocks.....

can you confirm what exactly is the law .

Many thanks

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Can I also add a question to the Ask the Police forum, last night at Asda a very attractive female PC pulled up outside in the yellow "dont park here grid" and went into the store, anticipating a shop lifter scenario breaking i hung around to see the scene play out, about ten minutes later she came out with two bags of shopping and shot off:shootself

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I lost my photocard licence the other day, I would suupose it's a good idea to get it replaced no?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Can I also add a question to the Ask the Police forum, last night at Asda a very attractive female PC pulled up outside in the yellow "dont park here grid" and went into the store, anticipating a shop lifter scenario breaking i hung around to see the scene play out, about ten minutes later she came out with two bags of shopping and shot off:shootself

It is a perk of the job, who is going to give her a ticket?
I was driving along the dual carriage section of the seafront on Sunday and this police car just pulled across in front of me from the other lane without any signals. I had to apply my brakes to avoid hitting him up the rear. If I had done it to him, I would have been pulled over and at least been given a warning. It is the old double standards thing.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
A few weeks back I pulled up outside my local chinese takeaway to pop in and get dinner. I was on those zig-zaggy lines near a zebra crossing. A traffic cop driving the other way stopped and told me to move my car immediately or he would give me a ticket.

He wouldn't listen to my "I'll be back out in a minute" argument, so I parked 20 odd yards further away. When I went into the takeaway, the guy in there asked me what all that was about so I told him.

He said, they've got a cheek, they always park there to come in and get their takeaway!!!

Double standards indeed! Do as I say not as I do!!

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I have just taken the car in for a service and went to pick up the lend car and when I showed him my drivers licence he suggested that as it was the "old type" and not the new credit card type one, you could be done for not renewing it!

Many thanks
That is bollocks,you can pay at you're own choice to have the credit card one.

Unless the law has changed which i very much doubt,ghad my new one not long and had no probs before that one with rentals.Its tosh:whisky:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
They do it for free if you have to give them a new address.

I managed to save myself the fee of £19 (as it was last year), by spending a couple of hundred thousand pounds on a new house.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It could have been worse...she could have shot an innocent member of the public.

Many thanks
That is, indeed, total bollocks.

Is it a pink one? Or - like mine - the even older green one?

We should, of course, be penalised for failing to move house in the last few years. PROPER CITIZENS should be suffering the effects of the credit crunch. Homeowners with old-style driving licences are enjoying the fact that they are still in very positive equity. We should smugly wave our driving licences around, like Harry Enfield's Loadsamoney character used to do with fifty pound notes.

:thumbsup:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
If you passed your test when you were seventeen in 1998, and were one of the first to get a new-style photocard, you now have to replace it BY LAW at a cost of £17.50. Robbing fuckers.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003

That's bollocks, we don't have any attractive female PCs.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Im ALWAYS seeing traffic cops go speeding past me on the A27/A23 without their lights on, Im pretty sure thats against the LAW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here