Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iN YOUR OPINION WHAT IS THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
IMHO, the premiership is just entertaining,

for me it would have to be

"La liga!"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And me, used to be Serie A but I think there is more quality in the Spain.

Useful indicator is previous winners of Champions League

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Beach Hut said:

Agreed. As I said on the other thread the Premiership is entertaining - but the best football teams in Europe ain't in it.

And no, I won't be changing my mind if Arsenal or Chelsea win the Champions' League this season. They've got to do it consistently. Since the Premier League started there's only been ONE Premiership team in the CL final, that gives you an indication into the real football strength of teams in the Premiership. It's candy-floss football - great to watch but no substance.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Depends what you mean by 'best'

Best quality would be 'La Liga'

But best excitement would be 'The Premier League'

Spanish people I have spoken to, whilst insisting that La liga is technically superior, often concede that premiership games are sometimes more exciting.

English football is the second most popular in Spain. One Spanish journo once said (more or less) 'I would rather lose like an Englishman than win like an Italian' . Or something like that.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'd go for the fifty thousandth league under the sea. Quite good apparently.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
la liga , the bundaliga (sp?) quite good to watch a laugh as well mind :)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I rate the quality of a league by the openness of it. The fact that you know only three teams can win the Premiership before it even starts marks it down heavily in my view.

And conversely, the fact that Real Madrid screw up despite having vast amounts of money and superstars speaks volumes about the quality of the Spanish league as well as their own fallibilty.

Whenever I watch it I always seem to see surprisingly entertaining football getting played in the Bundesliga too and, despite the presence of giant clubs like Bayern and Dortmund, there's always a fairly open competition. It's generally pretty tough and physical too but you do get teams like Stuttgart doing pretty well playing very attractive, attacking football, like people used to say about West Ham.

Italian football bores the pants off me.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Conference South, complete with three Sussex teams!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Northstander said:
IMHO, the premiership is just entertaining,

for me it would have to be

"La liga!"

I think La Liga has MORE better teams than anyother league, and I still feal Real Madrid are the best club side in the world !!

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Marshy said:
The Championship followed by the Premier League gets my vote.

I agree with the Championship being the best but i think that La Liga is second best because of all the worldclass players.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I think La Liga is far more 'big team'-centric than the Premier league. I've been to see Rayo Vallecano play Vallodolid in Rayo's shitty 2/3 full 20,000 capacity stadium. The football wasn't pretty and it felt like being at a 2/3rd div match in England.

I think a lot of Real Madrid's failings are down to their arrogance. Team and director who believes he can buy up all the world's(attacking) superstars, not listening to his manager.

Did you know only 7 teams have won La Liga since 1950...and before our lovely Depor won it recently it was ofcourse only 6.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Beach Hut said:

AC Milan last year! With 3 italian teams in the semi's? :jester:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
not sure which is the best to watch either la liga or the premiership. but when it comes to quality then the spaniards have the better of the 2 leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here