Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In True French Style

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The French gouvernement has announced a 20% increase in tobacco tax in an effort to improve the nation's health.

French tobaconists immediately threatend to go strike:shootself

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
In Paris last weekend they were saying its 40% raise !! ???

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Who cares, there frogs. We should pay more tax to subsidise their smoking and choking......maybe we already do.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They'll end up like us where they keep raising the tax on fags for 'health' reasons - and then end up realising they need more smokers because they rely on the four billion pounds of tax revenue.

C'mon kids - die for your country!

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
You take the piss out of the french, but at least they get up and do something about it. In this country we get ripped off big time.
Its about time we did what the french did. At present my council tax 1500 a year its becoming a joke. We all need to stand up and refuse top pay. Here are 12 good things about france

1...Transport (TGV)
2...Health Service
3...Cheap Booze
4...Cheap Housing
5...Nice Weather (In the south)
6...French women are sexy
7...Better standard of living
8...Beautiful scenery
9...Tour de france
10...No asylum seekers
11...Ski Resorts
12...Euro

And if the same 12 reasons are applied in this country what do we get?

1...Transport (What transport)
3...Cheap Booze (No)
4...Cheap Housing (No Way)
5...Nice Weather (Only in the summer)
6...English women are sexy (Yes)
7...Better standard of living (No Way)
8...Beautiful scenery (No Way)
9...Tour de france (No nothing like that in this country)
10...Asylum seekers (Yes lots of them)
11...Ski Resorts (None)
12...Euro (To pig headed to have anything like that, becuase we still think we are the best in the world, when we are not.)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't taking the piss. I admire the way the French people stand up to their govt and I admire the way their Govt always puts the interests of France and the French people first - and sod anything else. We fall over ourselves to implement everything that's foisted on us by a load of corrupt, undemocratic German bankers and industrialists, the French do what they think's best. Like when they were 'ordered' by the EU to start accepting British beef again. Did they? What do you think?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looney said:
Who cares, there frogs. We should pay more tax to subsidise their smoking and choking......maybe we already do.

yep, we already do. Tobacco growers in southern europe get EU subsidies. So you pay "health" tax on tobacco and some of it filters back to the people bloody growing it. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here