Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

in the clearout, who do you keep?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I mean, I know there are many contracted on till the end of next season, but who do you consider to be in your first team for next year?

for me its only Kuipers,Cullip,Knight,Piercy(if he plays like he can)

Maybe:Virgo,McPhee+JR

Rodger and Blackwell maybe but they are hardly spring chickens

Oatway,Watson,Mayo,Carpenter transfer listed

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i said if he plays like he can, which is very good, but he can also play crap

and danny, I'd keep roberts, he just wouldnt be in my first 11

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
SUFFOLK SEAGULL said:
i would have

KUIPERS
ROBERTS
CULLIP
BLACKWELL
JONES
HART
PIERCY
CHIPPY
KNIGHT
ROBINSON:falmerspi :falmerspi :falmerspi

Knights contract ends at the end of next season.

Hart to go for me as well, not up for it now I'm afraid

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well we cant do that, we have to work with what we've got..lol

just cos I would have Mayo+co transfer listed doesnt mean the end for them, they would have to play their way back into the team, if they could, then they get to stay, the challenge may improve them

I hate to say this, but with Palace doing so well, do you feel a bit annoyed we didnt appoint Dowie?(we will have the last laugh though....well, i f***ing hope so)

Grin

Jul 5, 2003
Lewes
Jones is complete pony and i would personaly pay for his train fare out of brighton. :wave:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I'd keep most of em ... partic impressed by the younger ones: Robinson, Virgo, Hinshelwood and Harding but not El Abd

Probably ditch Butters, Pethick and Pitcher (but we have already let him go) and let that young keeper Jones go back to non league.

Maybe if push came to shove would off-load Carpenter but need a good replacement ... shame Simon Rodger isn't 5 years younger

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd keep Cullip, Butters, El Abd, Hinsh, Harding, Robinson, Beck, Knight, McPhee, Piercey, Virgo, Kuipers, Roberts and maybe Rodger. The rest can look for jobs elsewhere........if they can find a conference club to take them. Our midfield has about as much creativity as a jelly and we're certainly wobbling like one.

3 points in next Saturday's south coast derby is an absolute must.

God........do I feel depressed.

:nono:

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
JAMC said:
McGhee.......

Damn. I knew I had forgotten to mention someone in my list of those to be cleared out.

:D

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Charlies Shinpad said:
I would start with getting rid of Mcghee,then let the new manager sort out who he wants to keep!

That ain't really showing loyalty when you are expecting it in return. Besides the only manager going is Hoddle and do you really want him ???

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is a pity that Brian Horton has gone from Port vale. I was hoping, perhaps, we could unload Paul Watson to them.

http://www.thisisthealbion.co.uk/contracts.html

That is twelve wage bills saved and none of them are first teamers and one or two will trouble getting a game at Shoreham.

I thought Dean Hammond had a neat useful look about his style of play and might get a career in the lower divisions. John Piercey is more the standard of Leyton Orient. The others are mostly too old.

Now I don't read the Argus any more, so I missed this:

http://www.thisisthealbion.co.uk/brighton__hove/albion/ALB_NEWS8.html

So surely the price of admission should come down?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuipers

Cullip
Butters
Blackwell
Virgo
El'Abd

Carpenter
Rodger
Piercy

Knight
Robinson

The rest can go...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I though Adam Hinshelwood was the best of the possibles. But both the Hinshelwoods might go :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here