Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important Albion Archives information

Just a note to say that I am in the process of changing hosting companies to save money and (hopefully) increase performance. In the next couple of weeks, my account with Host Excellence will cease and, along with it, will be the demise of www.albionarchives.com. Hopefully, reborn in it's place will be albionarchives.org - hosted with Go Daddy and half the price for twice the space and bandwidth (And, hopefully, performance) It was too much hassle to transfer the name.

I will post updates when the transfer is complete but, in the meantime, if the .com address fails then you may have to wait a while or try the .org address.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm looking forward to it already. Great stuff sir.

OK - I have PHP Nuke up and working and it seems a bit quicker to me. I'd be grateful if a couple of people could have a quick play and let me know if it appears faster, slower or about the same.

There is no content yet as I have yet to upload it and add it - just want to sort the site out first and rationalise categories.

New Site :-

http://www.albionarchives.org

Old Site :-

http://www.albionarchives.com

Exmouth Seagull said:
new one seems quite fast, nothing to download though, so not sure if downloads will be faster

Downloads always seemed to be fine, speed wise. It seemed to be the database access required to display the pages that suffered sometimes on the old one. Sod's law dictates that the old one is quite quick at the moment but it used to take quite a while sometimes.

Anyway, it is no slower so far and costs half the price with two and a half the space and bandwidth! :clap2:

OK - I'm uploading all the old content but have added a new video clip in the interim. It is a 3 minute report of the Hereford game with interviews - as seen on The Fans United DVD. (Windows Media format as that seems the most playable - sorry Mac fans)

I will add all the old download links a few at a time.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
BarrelofFun said:
OMG! I have never seen that goal. Bit before my time!! What a goal!!!

Good to see that goal ...the season before my first visit to the Goldstone

I dont do "computer technical" but the "speed" seems fine to me

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Great Cornholio said:
OK - I now have the results database transferred. It is now up to date - as of yesterday and includes all the old Luton games that were missing for some reason. Also, the search function is now much a much better design which will hopefully help you get the data you want.

http://www.albionarchives.org/results/index.php

That is great! - Andy Crosby scored the first Albion league goal i saw:ohmy:

Another update - all the goals apart from this season are now on the new site. Also, the results database can now be accessed at :-

results.albionarchives.org

I'm uploading this seasons goals as we speak although they may take a while. The old .com site is still up but not sure for how long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here