Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm trapped in my house

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I have a day off today, the weather is beautiful, and I live in one of the nicest bits of England. By rights, I should be walking up a mountain or having a nice pub lunch or something this morning.

But no. Because I bought tickets to go and see the Coral in Newcastle in October, and they're being delivered by the agency used by bloody SeeTickets.

I was out last time they called, so I've had to specify a day for redelivery. Which could take place between 0800 and 1800.

If they sent them Royal Mail I could just trot round to my local sorting office at my leisure and get them.

SeeTickets are a bunch of scheisters. :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Couldn't you have had them delivered to work?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its pathetic isn't it - I always thought that you could make money as a company who takes delivery during the day on behalf of people like us and then delivers our parcels during the evening or at a time we specify - of course we'd pay extra for the privledge but would save the annoying situtaion like Mr Clown is in!!

I think someone in London already does it, but not sure around our area...

This is, of course, one of the great benefits that flows from the decision to take the monopoly away from the Royal Mail.

Just remember who the "customer" is. It's the organisation that wants the cheap mail-out service, not the recipient of the mail.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I have a day off today, the weather is beautiful, and I live in one of the nicest bits of England. By rights, I should be walking up a mountain or having a nice pub lunch or something this morning.

But no. Because I bought tickets to go and see the Coral in Newcastle in October, and they're being delivered by the agency used by bloody SeeTickets.

I was out last time they called, so I've had to specify a day for redelivery. Which could take place between 0800 and 1800.

If they sent them Royal Mail I could just trot round to my local sorting office at my leisure and get them.

SeeTickets are a bunch of scheisters. :angry:

The very best thing you can do is cancel any arrangement for home delivery, instruct SeeTickets to deliver the tickets to the venue, and cut out the crummy delivery service. It's practically guaranteed that even if you wait in from 0800 - 1800, they won't turn up, and when you phone up their office to complain they'll swear blind they tried to deliver but you weren't in. SMS (Special Mail Services) are one of the worst, a company so crummy they even have websites dedicated to hating them. And the really bad news is, they don't just deliver tickets for gigs, they've also somehow landed a contract to deliver passports :ohmy:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a day off today, the weather is beautiful, and I live in one of the nicest bits of England. By rights, I should be walking up a mountain
Probably for the best though. Look what happened to Robin Cooke.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I waited in all day Saturday for my V tickets and they never came. It was only the cricket on TV and Deby game on the radio that kept me sane.

Jul 20, 2003
BT are coming to sort out some stuff today - so I too am stuck in

I am 'reliably' informed that the engineer will be here between 8 am and 8 pm and that the process will take about 5 minutes

:(

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I needed to have a new debit card delivered to work, as I'm not in the block of flats where I live during the day. The bank wouldn't deliver the card to my parents' house in WH, but said I would have to contact the courier and ask for a delivery at work. This I did, but the courier couldn't find my work address on their computer, even though it's a major Department of State, and much in the news at present!!!!! Only once I had called the bank again and got them to fax the address to the courier would they deliver. Inefficient or what? It turned out that they had not updated their database by July, even though we moved to our new building at the end of January.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I am still here waiting. I've had some cheese on toast and listened to "Brain of Britain" and they've still not arrived. I could murder some chocolate Hob Nobs but of course, as soon as I pop round the corner to the shop.....

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
im in as well - preparing for a fancy dress party this evening:drink: :drink: :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am still here waiting. I've had some cheese on toast and listened to "Brain of Britain" and they've still not arrived. I could murder some chocolate Hob Nobs but of course, as soon as I pop round the corner to the shop.....

Last time I had a similar experience waiting in all day for some Faithless tickets, I left it til' 1730 then phoned up the courier company and said 'Your cutting it a bit fine for that 1800 deadline'. To which they replied: 'Dont worry, they're on their way.'. I called them back after 1800 and said where's me tickets then to which they replied 'We tried to deliver them this morning but you were out'. :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've just phoned up and they're apparently coming tomorrow now. I want to hit someone.

Get them delivered to the venue mate & get it in writing/email. Then it's their problem, not yours. Why would you trust them to come tomorrow anymore than today? Trust me on this one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've got a laptop due to be delivered some time this week. I'm terrified that they'll leave it with our chavscum neighbours if no-ones in though - in which case they'll probably (a) deny all knowledge of ever seeing it, or (b) break it. But if I leave a note in the door along the lines of:

"Please do not leave any parcels with my chavscum neighbours - they are all thieves and cockjugglers, specially the ones at No 3", I fear one of them might put my window in.

Apart from moving, what can I DO ? ?

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
See Tickets are the worst ticket company ever, quite how they seem to have a monopoly on tickets at the moment is anyone guess. Tried to get them to deliver tickets via Recorded Delivery Royal Mail so i could get them from the sorting office if i wasn't around and they said no in case they went missing. The bloody company that deliver are shit and charge a fortune.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here