Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sure this has probably been done to death already, but...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Are we just going to leave that massive hole in the South Stand? If so, why? Why don't we just stick a big banner over it or something? I don't get it. It looks awful.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree. We all know by now that they are ready to fill in when we get the extra seats permission etc but in the meantime whats wrong with a few more seagulls badges or indeed Im sure they can make a few quid by having advertising there.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Are we just going to leave that massive hole in the South Stand? If so, why? Why don't we just stick a big banner over it or something? I don't get it. It looks awful.

STILL people moan. How about dont go back until its sorted as a protest.:shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally, I like seeing the framework that matches the arches through the hole in the south stand.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
STILL people moan. How about dont go back until its sorted as a protest.:shrug:

Sorry, I forgot we're not allowed to say anything negative anymore. Lucky we didn't have that attitude back in 1997 eh?

I'm not moaning, in fact I cant think of another single complaint I have about the stadium, but it does look bad, and I just wondered if they were going to do anything with it or not.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
dont compare our fight in 97' to your annoyance with the aesthetics of falmer.

97 was proper.

rather look at that than porta cabins bruv.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The holes are there as they plan on taking them down next summer to extend the stadium. Its not that hard to get.

OK, explain this hole

rsz_100_1452.jpg

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
OK, explain this hole

simply put, this gap has never been properly explained

however, it seems like a potential design omission at the South that the TV crew aren't on a special platform (in front of the cladding and above the fans) as is the case with the North - could this be an explanation?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Just a thought, but I wonder if the holes are hurting the acoustics in the stadium? From where I was (in the North Stand) the atmosphere was fantastic (both in the North and from the West) - but people in the South-East have been saying it was silent and they couldn't hear anything. The roof is obviously great at keeping the noise in - but is the sound all disappearing through those gaps at the far end? A shame if so...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here