Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm making a complaint about SW - please post your complaints

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Like many other users I have had enough of Seagulls world and I am now preparing an email as I think the service stinks. :mad:

If you wish to add your own complaint to the email, please post. I will then send it along with my email to them.

It's worth letting them know about their poor service, in the hope they might do something about it.

I am certainly thinking of cancelling my subscription for the new season.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I cancelled my subscription about three seasons ago because it was crap, I can see its important for out of Radio Sussex area supporters but anything else you can get elsewhere on the web

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The commentary works ok most of the time and for £30.00ish a season I'm quite happy with it, only just more than a ticket to one game, what's to complain about?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If you're not happy just unsubscribe, I'm sure there are other more important things in life to worry about?

Ah... Ah... Ah... OINKCHOO!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Totally incompatible with firefox, and demands you to have a working WMP, how about real player or quicktime?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
- Doesn't work on Mac OS X
- Match video footage is minimal - not really value for money - I'd like it to be 7 mins per game - anything less, I might as well just watch ITV's coverage
- Great Games section has not been updated since early February - nothing on the 30th anniversary of the great 1979 promotion season. should be updated at least twice a month

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Should be compatible with windows for mobile so I can listen to the game when not at home

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I have only been a subscriber since January, but I'm already considering unsubscribing.

As a Brighton resident I have no need for the SW commentary, which I appreciate would be good (I assume) if you lived outside the BBC Sussex area.

I subscribed in the hope of getting good highlights of games (ie. like Stockport do with their 'extended highlights' option of a good 15 minutes), but you only get the highlights you can access free on Virgin Media, which makes it a waste of money.

Also I was hoping for insightful interviews etc, but all tou ever really get in the 'big match preview' and '.......'s reaction from the ..... match'. Even them I have had trouble accessing on a couple of occasions.

Likle has already been said the Great Games section does not get updated regularly either.

Totally incompatible with firefox,

It works fine with Firefox for me.

I actually think it's been better this season, I don't remember the commentary not working although it was occasionally late, and I only watch the highlights (aka the goals) when we win so I haven't used that bit much this season! I never watch any of the other bits.

I mainly use it for the commentary and to me its worth the 30 quid or so a year just for that, but if I lived in the SCR area I certainly wouldn't bother with SW.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Totally incompatible with firefox, and demands you to have a working WMP, how about real player or quicktime?

It works absolutely fine with my Firefox.

I have not really had any problems with SW and as someone has said, for just over £30 per season, is pretty good vale.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The majority of it will work with my firefox but for the video's. Have to boot it in IE for them to work.
in fact the it only reason i have IE on my puter.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It works fine with Firefox for me.

I actually think it's been better this season, I don't remember the commentary not working although it was occasionally late, and I only watch the highlights (aka the goals) when we win so I haven't used that bit much this season! I never watch any of the other bits.

I mainly use it for the commentary and to me its worth the 30 quid or so a year just for that, but if I lived in the SCR area I certainly wouldn't bother with SW.

Works with my Firefox too.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It doesn't work with os x. Virgin highlights initially was the same but they seem to have enabled it for os x users.

Considering how many Mac users there are in Brighton & Hove (way, way beyond the national average) it's pretty poor that the service doesn't work on OS X.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Why don't you all just unsubscribe? SW will just send back a letter saying that they acknowledge your concerns and may take it into account in the future.

And as the others have said, it's £30 quid a year - that's £2.50 a month - surely all you're going to get is £2.50's worth of stuff?!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have already unsubscribed. But, like many others, we're not just walking away from it. We want the service improved so that we want to re-subscribe to it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
SW works OK on my firefox although the video's are a bit jumpy but the £3.99 a month I pay is £1 for a decent commentary (and a few times this season they have forgotten to switch the commentary on in time for kick off) and for those who do not live any longer in the Brighton area its their link to the football club they love.
reasonable value for money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here