Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm A Celebrity - Is It All Fake?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Am I alone in thinking that the whole show is one big farce.
Some questions I would like answered:

Why are there no crocodiles?
Why don't the celebrities wear sun block?
Where in Australia is the 'Jungle'?
Why are they allowed to walk about bare footed?
Why do the celebrities never get bitten by insects?
Why did Mike Reads lady friend say 'What a farce' when they both walked across the bridge last night?
Why did Johnny Rotten complain so much about the 'rain'?
Where are the Koala bears?
Where are the Kangeroos?

Anybody else agree?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Wookiee said:
Am I alone in thinking that the whole show is one big farce.
Some questions I would like answered:

Why are there no crocodiles?
Why don't the celebrities wear sun block?
Where in Australia is the 'Jungle'?
Why are they allowed to walk about bare footed?
Why do the celebrities never get bitten by insects?
Why did Mike Reads lady friend say 'What a farce' when they both walked across the bridge last night?
Why did Johnny Rotten complain so much about the 'rain'?
Where are the Koala bears?
Where are the Kangeroos?

Anybody else agree?

Why don't the celebrities wear sun block?-they do

Why do the celebrities never get bitten by insects?- they do

Where are the Kangeroos?- they're aren't kangeroos in the jungle

i dunno about the rest?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Crocodiles live in large rivers - the stream running through the jungle is nowhere big enough

The jungle is in Queensland - most of the interior of the state is this type of environment

The farce was all the fireworks and smoke etc when they crossed the bridge - with a pack of photographers waiting for them

It rains a lot in the jungle - the rain storms are as powerful as you can imagine. You get wet very quickly

Koalas (they aren't bears) live in Eucalyptus forests not the jungle

Kangaroos live in grassland areas (the Aussie version of the Savannah)

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Unfortunately I actually watched the bit where they set up the site. They clear the place of poisonous creatures etc so although they are genuinely in the jungle, there is an element of fakeness to it in that there shouldn't be anything left in there that will kill them.

Its in Queensland - Australia is pretty diverse - its more like a rainforest that they are in, hence the complaining about rain.

I think Mike Read's missus was saying it was a farce because Mike didn't get the exposure that the others were getting from the editing. The editing of the show can show what they like really and they have focussed on 2 things - Jordan and Peter Andre and Lord B's touching up.

Note yesterday that because Alex Best did a trial, they focussed more on her and it looked like she had something to say. Up until then, it appeared she didn't.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
It looks like a studio but I don't care. As for the Crocs, I think that they've let Steve Irwin loose on the perimeter and he's currently chasing them all while shouting "Corr ain't she a beaut!"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Seagull over NZ said:
The editing of the show can show what they like really and they have focussed on 2 things - Jordan and Peter Andre and Lord B's touching up.

I always thought there was something funny about Lord Bracknell. :lolol:

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
chips and gravy said:
Crocodiles live in large rivers - the stream running through the jungle is nowhere big enough

No - Steve Irwin and Crocodile dundee are protecting them

Koalas (they aren't bears) live in Eucalyptus forests not the jungle

How can a Koala bear not be a bear??? I think I've gone crosseyed! That's like saying Batman isn't a super hero because he hasn't got any special powers. But he is cos he's super and he's a hero. I need proof of fact.

Also on the side did you know that Belgium children must, by law, have harmonica lessons...FACT

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Vinyl Richie said:
That's like saying Batman isn't a super hero because he hasn't got any special powers. But he is cos he's super and he's a hero. I need proof of fact.

You've been misled all your life. Batman is not real, so that statement doesn't count.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look, they're bound to clear the area of snakes, poisonous spiders etc arn't they. You're not going to put anyone genuinly at risk just for the sake of a TV programme, so its a bit daft not to expect them to "sanitise" the area to a certain extent. They're making them uncomfortable for a fortnight, not trying to kill them.

This whole Peter Andre-Jordan thing is completely false. They are manufacturing a flirty will-they-won't-they relationship to keep them both in the camp, cos everyone wants to see how far they go. I'd lay money on it that they will be the last 2 left in the camp. Its all tied in with the tabloids, so you can get the trashy "boyfriend fliys out to Australia in a rage" headlines. Its just lazy journalism, cos all they have to do is stay in and watch the telly to get the next "big story".

I still enjoy the show, but you've got to take it all with a pinch of salt. Its only people who take it too seriously who end up getting the arse-ache with it.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
How can a Koala bear not be a bear I think I've gone crosseyed! That's like saying Batman isn't a super hero because he hasn't got any special powers. But he is cos he's super and he's a hero. I need proof of fact.

Koala
The Koala is a marsupial - i.e. it carries it's young in a pouch. They live almost entirely on Eucalyptus leaves, from which they also get their water as they drink very little. They are extremely fussy about what they eat and out of Australia's hundreds of varieties of eucalyptus trees the Koala may only choose to eat the leaves of one or two in any particular area.

Koalas live in the Eucalyptus forests of eastern and south-eastern Australia and, as the diets of Koalas in different areas depend on the trees available, so Koalas in the eastern part of Australia differ in their eating habits to those in the south-east. The main favourites however seems to be the Forest Red Gum, Swamp Mahogany and Tallowwood. For a slight variation in their diet they will eat tea-tree leaves and sometimes wattle leaves. The trees are also where the Koala sleeps and conducts it's social life.

A Koala will spend up to 16 hours a day sleeping and wake up just as the sun has gone down, when it manages to eat it's way through about 500 grams of leaves.

The male Koala is significantly larger than the female, their colouring varies from shades of grey to shades of brown with distinctive patches of lighter colouring, mainly on the face, ears and the front of the body. They are very social animals and, if undisturbed, might live in and around the same area for the whole of their life.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Everest said:
You've been misled all your life. Batman is not real, so that statement doesn't count.

Complete dimbo! You just haven't heard of him because he's not from round here. He lives in Gotham City, which is miles away from here.

Another fact - In New York City (alone) there are over 3,000 hotdog venders.....FACT

not sure why I'm reeling off facts, that'll be my last.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
chips and gravy said:
How can a Koala bear not be a bear I think I've gone crosseyed! That's like saying Batman isn't a super hero because he hasn't got any special powers. But he is cos he's super and he's a hero. I need proof of fact.

Koala
The Koala is a marsupial - i.e. it carries it's young in a pouch. They live almost entirely on Eucalyptus leaves, from which they also get their water as they drink very little. They are extremely fussy about what they eat and out of Australia's hundreds of varieties of eucalyptus trees the Koala may only choose to eat the leaves of one or two in any particular area.

Koalas live in the Eucalyptus forests of eastern and south-eastern Australia and, as the diets of Koalas in different areas depend on the trees available, so Koalas in the eastern part of Australia differ in their eating habits to those in the south-east. The main favourites however seems to be the Forest Red Gum, Swamp Mahogany and Tallowwood. For a slight variation in their diet they will eat tea-tree leaves and sometimes wattle leaves. The trees are also where the Koala sleeps and conducts it's social life.

A Koala will spend up to 16 hours a day sleeping and wake up just as the sun has gone down, when it manages to eat it's way through about 500 grams of leaves.

The male Koala is significantly larger than the female, their colouring varies from shades of grey to shades of brown with distinctive patches of lighter colouring, mainly on the face, ears and the front of the body. They are very social animals and, if undisturbed, might live in and around the same area for the whole of their life.

That's all very interesting but it doesn't really explain how it isn't a bear. If it's not a bear, what is it? A monkey, a cat? That's just crazy talk, you're crazy...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
It's only a tv program people! It's not real live. You need to go outside your house for that.

Take it at face value. These people are in there for our entertainment. They are no more than court jesters.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
A bear is a bear. A marsupial is a marsupial.

It's like saying that a cat is a dog. It's all about categorising an organism into a family group.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
chips and gravy said:
A bear is a bear. A marsupial is a marsupial.

It's like saying that a cat is a dog. It's all about categorising an organism into a family group.

Never heard of your "Marsupial" family so I looked them up and learnt something new. They include kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, wombats, bandicoots, and opossums......... Hang on. It's those drunk fosters drinking Aussie drongos inventing words!!!

Good fact nevertheless

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
You do know they are only 10 minutes from the nearest bigish town don't you?

Its not so much wilderness as, Kew Gardens.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think it's even NSW, not QLD, which means it about as 'jungle' as Hove Park is part of the New Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here