Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you'd said...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
...to me as I walked warily past entire ranges of discarded white goods on the day of the first game at Gillingham (a day, lest we forget, when Belloti even had the nerve to turn up), and having recently seen the Goldstone reduced to nothing but dust and mud, that we'd (eventually) be seeing work getting underway on a gorgeous new stadium in a lovely spot, then I'd have informed you that you were MAD.

(Even if you'd said to me at one of those grim tense last few fixtures at the Goldstone not to be too concerned about what was then a highly dodgy looking future at best, because we'd soon be winning titles, promotions and play-off finals and enjoying the kind of memories that most football fans never get to see, I'd have had you SECTIONED. After the game.)

I can think of countless numbers of windy-arsed shite-spouting empty-headed wise-acre slack-jawed lairy semi-incoherent public bar BORES who have infested this website over the years, with a load of brainless think-they-know-better guff, about pipedreams, or about waiting for the bulldozers to go in before believing it, or about how they're building it in the wrong place, or any such miserablist - and pointlessly unachieving - twaddle. And if they do continue to grumble into their hopefully-undercooked turkey this Xmas, it's because from now on, they've clearly just been proven plain 100% wrong. So maybe today's little ceremonial at Falmer isn't quite the worst day to think just how grim things got and how far we've come.

Although, oddly enough, I've seen little sign of any admitting of that on here since work has actually started at Falmer, some determine really-wouldn't-want-to-be-stuck-in-lift-with-them nutters aside. Not much "ok, you got me, I was wrong". And yes, I know it's not exactly finished, but (feel free to call me a naive window-licker) but I'm starting to suspect that it will be. Above anything else, that's just really quite a relief.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That, sir, is post of the year.

We'll have none of this positive stuff on here-be off with you!

It's a shame the ceremony wasn't later in the day-then we could have had some fireworks to remind everybody that despite their lying and disgraceful delaying tactics, the new Community Stadium is on its way.

Forfars, Melanie Cuttress, Norman (I only lie when I speak) Baker, Cruella, Anne Veggie, LDC, FPC, John Catt, the CPRE, The society of inbred Sussex Downsmen and The 'we want all new buildings in Brighton banned' Regency Society-you have all just taken one hell of a beating....by Dick Knight's shovel.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We'll have none of this positive stuff on here-be off with you!

It's a shame the ceremony wasn't later in the day-then we could have had some fireworks to remind everybody that despite their lying and disgraceful delaying tactics, the new Community Stadium is on its way.

Forfars, Melanie Cuttress, Norman (I only lie when I speak) Baker, Cruella, Anne Veggie, LDC, FPC, John Catt, the CPRE, The society of inbred Sussex Downsmen and The 'we want all new buildings in Brighton banned' Regency Society-you have all just taken one hell of a beating....by Dick Knight's shovel.

A win last night and Falmer kicks off today, I've had worse birthdays :clap2:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
...to me as I walked warily past entire ranges of discarded white goods on the day of the first game at Gillingham (a day, lest we forget, when Belloti even had the nerve to turn up), and having recently seen the Goldstone reduced to nothing but dust and mud, that we'd (eventually) be seeing work getting underway on a gorgeous new stadium in a lovely spot, then I'd have informed you that you were MAD.

(Even if you'd said to me at one of those grim tense last few fixtures at the Goldstone not to be too concerned about what was then a highly dodgy looking future at best, because we'd soon be winning titles, promotions and play-off finals and enjoying the kind of memories that most football fans never get to see, I'd have had you SECTIONED. After the game.)

I can think of countless numbers of windy-arsed shite-spouting empty-headed wise-acre slack-jawed lairy semi-incoherent public bar BORES who have infested this website over the years, with a load of brainless think-they-know-better guff, about pipedreams, or about waiting for the bulldozers to go in before believing it, or about how they're building it in the wrong place, or any such miserablist - and pointlessly unachieving - twaddle. And if they do continue to grumble into their hopefully-undercooked turkey this Xmas, it's because from now on, they've clearly just been proven plain 100% wrong. So maybe today's little ceremonial at Falmer isn't quite the worst day to think just how grim things got and how far we've come.

Although, oddly enough, I've seen little sign of any admitting of that on here since work has actually started at Falmer, some determine really-wouldn't-want-to-be-stuck-in-lift-with-them nutters aside. Not much "ok, you got me, I was wrong". And yes, I know it's not exactly finished, but (feel free to call me a naive window-licker) but I'm starting to suspect that it will be. Above anything else, that's just really quite a relief.

:thumbsup: :bowdown:
We ARE getting Falmer, We WILL NOT go down and we ARE going to wembley this season!!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:thumbsup: :bowdown:
We ARE getting Falmer, We WILL NOT go down and we ARE going to wembley this season!!!!

To misquote Meat Loaf, one out of three ain't bad...and it's saying something that Falmer being built is IMHO the most plausible of them...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Simply superb.

You have summed up exactly how I feel today. I try hard to ignore the miserable whingers and sometimes it's difficult.

Your post makes up for all of them.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I totally agree with you MoH. I would add one thought though: if you'd told me on that never-to-be-forgotten day at Newcastle in 1979 when we'd reached the 1st division (playing in front of home crowds that averaged out at higher than the capacity at Falmer) that 20 years later we'd be in the fourth division playing at Withdean athletics track in front of crowds of 6000 - and were grateful to be doing so - well I think I'd have cried.

Whatever happens in the future we must make sure that the club NEVER goes through the Stanley, Archer, Bellotti, no Goldstone, half-time at Hereford era again. I can settle for never being a top premiership side as long as I can go to Falmer every week and watch my team play.

Up the Albion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dick Knight and Martin Perry deserve so much credit for making today possible. You can say what you like about them, but they've stuck to their guns in adversity and showed remarkable tenacity in getting the club this far.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I still dont recon it will be built

:p

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Post of the year by far.... :bowdown:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
For all the hero worship you are getting , It's all very well having a pop but surely the doubters have every reason to post their opinions on a public website. What we've had to put up with and the numerous kicks in the goolies surely justifies why some just refused to believe it. I think even those that expressed doubt never ever wished it wouldnt happen.

Anyway, carry on the licking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here