Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had enough cash, would you invest in the Albion ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No i would pump money in now if i was loaded.I would take control of the club but let others run it

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
How much is "enough" cash?

At the moment it isn't a wise investment as the club runs at a loss and will always do so until we get our stadium.

If I was very wealthy and could afford to piss money up the wall then there are far worse ways of doing so than splashing some cash on my beloved Albion, but being as any investment won't necessarily give you any more influence into club affairs who's to say where that money would go?

I want the club to have the best possible chance of defeating LDC and all the anti's when it comes to Falmer, but I believe they already have the best people on the case as it is and unless there is another delay after the next "final decision" they're only going to need money to pay back what has already been spent on the lengthy battles we've endured thus far.

So that's Falmer covered, but could you honestly give the club money with the proviso it only be spent on players and wages (rather like the Coke money)?

Maybe if you spent a fortune on the academy which is already in a fairly healthy state as it is, you could really see the best use of the cash. This is the most likely successful investment opportunity I can see. Pump enough money into the youth setup and it will hopefully eventually pay off as valuable players are produced bringing the club both success and future income.

But I don't think I could just hand the board a few million and say "hope this helps"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As soon as it's a YES vote and LDC f*** off and die, I'd like to see us fans given the opportunity to buy real shares in the Albion. I think the fans deserve it.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Tom Hark said:
I'd like to see us fans given the opportunity to buy real shares in the Albion. I think the fans deserve it.

I would hope so too.....shares or buy a brick type thing

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not until July.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I was a multibillionaire, I'd happily invest a lot of money in the Albion.

I'd sort out Falmer, finance a top quality training ground and youth academy, lower ticket prices, give the manager (who may or may not be a fresh face that I bring in) a hefty transfer budget and try and involve the fans in everything to do with the club as much as possible.

Oh, and I'd get better quality fast food vans at the ground, perhaps even burgers freshly made by a large team of gourmets chefs

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
of course , why do you think i do the massive euromillions for?

i'd buy the ground outright (meaning the club don't have to get a loan for it/against it) and pay off the debt :cool:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Invest: to put money to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns

I fail to see how money put into the Albion wont go into the proverbial 'black hole', for the time being.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am with bluejuice, would rather give money towards something specific, whether that be the new ground or improving training facilities and the youth academy. I think that would be far more productive, in the long run, than just spending a large sum on expensive players and their wages. Far better to take a long term view and help provide foundations on which the club can build on, strengthen and move forward.

However, it all academic, in real terms I am potless.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
if i had it now i would invest now, the club most needs it at the moment.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Maybe a bit now, then as Braders said, buy the stadium. At first would buy out LDC to go and kill themselves so we actually can have it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here