Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you had a million quid or more and were going to give it to the club...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Would you demand a seat on the board in exchange for your cash?

Would you just let them have it / spend it as they wish?

Any other stipulation / guarantee before letting them have it.

It's a tough one this, imho. If I suddenly came into some serious cash, I'd want the Albion to have their share. But, cos I have no business nous whatsoever and while I'd have the odd "Oi, no, that doesn't seem a good idea", I wouldn't really have the foggiest how to run a football club. If you did take a seat on the board, how much say would you have anyway?

Thoughts?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Think I would give it to them on the basis that it was not used to help fill the "black hole" but was used to fund some loan signings.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I theory I would just hand over the cash as I trust Sir Dick implicitely. However, I may ask to sit in on a few board meetings just to see waht goes on.

Oh yeah and I'd want that much coveted parking space!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'd use it to illegally construct a large car park in Falmer then when the council ordered me to tear it down I'd point out to Prescott that as the land was now brown belt rather than green belt (you can't turn it back) he was no longer needed and the inquiry could be closed. Once the site was brownbelt the Falmer stadium could go up straight away. I'd pump the rest of the money into the development and ask that they name a pie after me.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Bluejuice said:
I'd use it to illegally construct a large car park in Falmer then when the council ordered me to tear it down I'd point out to Prescott that as the land was now brown belt rather than green belt (you can't turn it back) he was no longer needed and the inquiry could be closed. Once the site was brownbelt the Falmer stadium could go up straight away. I'd pump the rest of the money into the development and ask that they name a pie after me.
:lolol: :clap:

Wardywonderland said:
Think I would give it to them on the basis that it was not used to help fill the "black hole" but was used to fund some loan signings.
So you'd be happy when the black hole overwhelmed us?

I'd insist that part of it went to fund a good tax lawyer to challenge the Inland Revenue's Capital Gains Tax claim.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I would make sure some of it goes towards players and I get a perminant seat at every home game we have at what stadium we may be at weather it is at Withdean or Falmer.

And a parking space right outside the ground with my own sercuity guard called Bob

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
For a £1 million, I'd guess I would want about 14% of the voting shares, a seat on the Board, plus assurances.

Still doing the National Lottery.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Lord Bracknell said:
So you'd be happy when the black hole overwhelmed us?

I'd insist that part of it went to fund a good tax lawyer to challenge the Inland Revenue's Capital Gains Tax claim.

Guess it would depend on the size of the "black hole".

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wouldn't give it to the club cos it's not enough. I'd invest it wisely until I had 10 or 20 mill and THEN invest it in the club... and you can bet I'll want a seat on the board!!!! And after every meeting I'd post the minutes up on NSC and ask for your feedback so I could do what should be done... get the fans represented.

I would offer to use it to subsidise kids' seats. Get them young, and you've got them for life. My biggest concern about Withdean prices has always been the effective pricing-out of families and kids - I worry it is going to cause a generation gap in club support.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
I wouldn't give it to the club cos it's not enough. I'd invest it wisely until I had 10 or 20 mill and THEN invest it in the club... and you can bet I'll want a seat on the board!!!! And after every meeting I'd post the minutes up on NSC and ask for your feedback so I could do what should be done... get the fans represented.
Good point Sully, one million wouldn't be enough. Like the nsc 'people power' bit. Do you know what a seat on the board would entitle you too though, other than the opportunity to sit in and comment on meetings?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No... but doesn't matter really... get to see every game... get to to have say in the club... get the fans involved.... that'll do for me...

And if we win everything as well that woudl be great!!!:lolol: :lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
perseus said:
For a £1 million, I'd guess I would want about 14% of the voting shares, a seat on the Board, plus assurances.

Still doing the National Lottery.

What a fascinating yet unpleasant dilema!

With your recent track record - I'd fully expect Dick Knight and other board members to tell you where to stick it.

But a £1m would be very handy right now.

Nah... I'd still want them to tell you to get lost.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:

Spot on! A million would disappear instantly although i'd try and make the millions out of 800,000.MM needs a couple of hundred NOW.

I would tell NSC in the evenings (because i'm on the board) but i would probably ignore you.I think I know what needs to be done thanks all the same.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sorry folks but if I had a million quid the last thing I would invest it in is a football club, like Sully Couldn't Shoot I would try to turn it into a far greater sum, only then would I consider some form of financial investment in the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here