Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you go to the Amex via train - which direction would you normally arrive from?

From which direction would you arrive at Falmer?

• From Brighton

Votes: 102 61.8%
  • From Lewes

Votes: 47 28.5%
  • I have the choice of either

Votes: 16 9.7%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just curious as to what the proportions are as to how many people using the train would come in from the west or the east.

So where would you normally arrive from? I live in Brighton, but work in Lewes, so my answer is a bit of a fudge - but I would normally come in from Brighton.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I live 2 min walk from Portslade station. Would ideally like to get the train, but am considering mini-bus options that are being organised in the area and from Mile Oak...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good question.

My gut feel has always been that Albion's support has far greater density heading West to Worthing and Littlehampton than extending East to the same sort of distance. I'm well aware there are plenty of Albion fans to the East of course, it just feels as though there are less than there are to the West of Brighton.

With most of Brighton itself being to the West of the stadium, I could see this poll going something like 70-90% West, 10-30% East.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good question.

My gut feel has always been that Albion's support has far greater density heading West to Worthing and Littlehampton than extending East to the same sort of distance. I'm well aware there are plenty of Albion fans to the East of course, it just feels as though there are less than there are to the West of Brighton.

With most of Brighton itself being to the West of the stadium, I could see this poll going something like 70-90% West, 10-30% East.
Partly explained by the fact that the land is all built up between Brighton and Littlehampton, whereas once you get further east than say Rottingdean the maps start saying "Here be dragons!"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You know that 'what sort of beer would you drink?' poll you did [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION]? You know, the one to help the club know what beer to get in.

Well, is this poll to help the club formulate a travel plan?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Weekends from Petersfield to Havant then follow the coast. Night games from Alton via Clapham.

Night games the connections don't work out to get back via the coastal service.

Let the train take the strain, either that or get Nurse Gladys Emmanuel pick me up at Havant.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good question.

Certainly there are many more supporters to the west, caused I think mainly by the fact that the Goldstone was "that" side of Brighton and also the gaps between population hubs going East where there are little or no gaps going west.

You also need to consider those coming south as I would guess anybody north of Keymer Junction would change at Lewes rather than Brighton, maybe not going to the game but certsinly going home.

You must not of course forget the dragons

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Technically I can come in from either, as I'll be coming down from London. However, travelling via Brighton will be much cheaper than travelling via Lewes - less than half the price, in fact - as there is a special price for London Bridge to Brighton on a Saturday (FCC only).

As selfish as it sounds (if it would make the chaos easier for me and others to travel via Lewes), there will need to be a substantial benefit in other respects if I'm going to more than double my travel costs, so it's definitely Brighton for me until I hear otherwise...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would take the train from Brighton if there was a space left on it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Technically I can come in from either, as I'll be coming down from London. However, travelling via Brighton will be much cheaper than travelling via Lewes - less than half the price, in fact - as there is a special price for London Bridge to Brighton on a Saturday (FCC only).

As selfish as it sounds (if it would make the chaos easier for me and others to travel via Lewes), there will need to be a substantial benefit in other respects if I'm going to more than double my travel costs, so it's definitely Brighton for me until I hear otherwise...

Also travelling from London Bridge. Was considering travelling via Lewes, until I read this...

Did not realise it would be double the price!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Littlehampton - Brighton - Falmer if I go by train.

I used to prefer the Mill Road park and ride, not sure what method of transport I will be using for my occasional visits next season. I'll probably wait and see the travel binfest on NSC first because I won't be able to attend any game until mid-August, unless Spurs tickets go on public sale, which I doubt.

Good question.

Pretty good guess an hour later :)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Those of us who have traveled down to Withdean from London by train might vote Brighton automatically - but it looks as though it's about the same length of journey (well, ish) and ticket price to go to Lewes. So I guess we have the choice.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
lewes to get there i imagine via a couple of pubs, brighton and into town on the way home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here