Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you didn't have a season ticket?

If you had to pay full whack for match by match tickets how many games do you think you would attend per season at the amex? I'm holding on to my season tickets for now but i fear if i didn't have one i would make 6-10 games per season,what about the rest of you?

Only the ones at 3 on a Saturday afternoon, the rest can f*** off.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At current prices to attend every game in my seat without season ticket would cost £736. Shows what good value season tickets are but at those prices I'd probably make less than ten games if I didn't have one.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I went on match by match basis last year with my lad and made about half the games, didn't want to commit to ST due to shift work. But ST prices are such good value it was a no brainer to get one. Couldn't afford match by match.

sherbert

Oct 11, 2008
Just seen the money taken from my account for the FA cup game ........................... FFS £39.00 per ticket ...... Glad I have 2 season tickets??

£80 Feckin pounds to watch a 12.30 kick off

Why cant you divorcee your team ................. My 1st ever post and Im sounding like a tight ar*e ............. do others think this is steep

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Just seen the money taken from my account for the FA cup game ........................... FFS £39.00 per ticket ...... Glad I have 2 season tickets??

Why cant you divorcee your team ................. My 1st ever post and Im sounding like a tight ar*e ............. do others think this is steep

Way over price!!, if i didn't have my ST i would probably go to half the games around 10-12

Certainly do, that's why I'm not going.

Be prepared now to be told that we aren't at Withdean anymore, progress has to be made, how will we afford a striker etc,etc.

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I wouldn't go to many at all if I had to pay the individual match prices. Partly on principle that they are too high, but also because I wouldn't be able to afford them

Going to give this game a miss too,WOULD BE GOOD TO GET A POOR CROWD AND IT MIGHT HELP RAM HOME THE MESSAGE???

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If I wasn't a season ticket holder I would only go when I could use friends tickets when they couldn't make it as the match by match prices are just a rip off in my opinion.

I'm just glad I have my seaosn ticket and me and my lad can go to the games at a reasonable cost with a season ticket. What concerns me is that the season ticket prices are likely to be crept up over the years until they are also over priced.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If I didn't have a season ticket, at the current prices, probably 6-8 or so.

D

Deleted member 18477

might not be able to afford a season ticket next season. will be gutted if this is the case. hopefully still be able to attend 5-10 games a season. all depends on available funds. priorities change though...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I cannot envisage any circumstances over the next 50 years or so when I wouldn't attend home games with or without a ST

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
Im not a season ticket holder and usually buy from the exchange(RIP). Got some family who want to go to the Millwall game and its going to be 4 adult tickets at £35 a go =140, 2 under 16s at £17 = 34 plus 1 under 10 for£7. £181 plus whatever booking fees. Sick man..

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have a WSU season ticket but,sadly,won't be renewing.I cannot make midweek games,and when we're on telly have to weigh up whether it is worth spending the £35 return train fare and eight hours on the train,and the other expenses revolving around the Harveys brewery ,food and such - or go and watch it in the north wing of wombatmansions in the Sky tv suite.So far I've missed 6 games this season,including one where I couldn't get a train because the track had been washed away,and one when I was incapacitated with broken ribs ( fell off my mount at an illegal stag hunt on the Quantocks,don'tcha know).

So I'll be selective next season,and probably go to the Saturday at three games,some aways,and the FA Cup semi and final.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I didn't get a ST last year as I can only make two thirds of the games. I did get to quite a few in the winter but no big teams and no cup ties as tickets were hard to get.
I look at my ST now as an investment for cup ties (I expect a fourth round game before anyone takes the Michael). The other thing is my seat now on the half way line is 100% better than the south that I had to buy by game. But as I've mentioned elsewhere, lots of people around me in East Upper giving up this year, that is until they get their reminder I expect.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What were the season ticket prices at the Goldstone ground? I paid on a game by game basis and never even thought about getting a ST so i have no idea how much i would have saved by doing it that way.

If what is happening now occurred at the Goldstone, (high no. of ST holders and a cup game against a top flight team) how many would be saying that they were unprepared to pay on the gate for each match because its a rip off compared to the ST prices and the average saving per match it offered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here