Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could take elements of our past managers and meld some kind of super manager..

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
...who/what elements would you include?!?

In no particular order:

Poyet: top level playing experience and belief in playing “proper” football. Potential “flair” foreign signings. Gives great interview.
Coppell: tactical nous and ability to get the best from his players. Always nicely turned out too.
Adams: the ability to find players who WANT to be here… after all, I remember a quote along the lines of: “I only want players who want to be at the club…” Harley hmmmmm. Also a great motivator. Ah, bless... great at stating the obvious our Micky.
Horton: pure Albion passion, I’d have him back if Poyet goes “home.”
Slade: iconic status, lovely bloke, wouldn’t mind a pint or two with him.
Wood: "I drive the bus."
Wilkins: not scared to give the youth players a chance! Hair, back in the day.
Gritt: all too obvious really.
Peter J Taylor: played with two genuine WINGERS.
Mullery: dress sense & “respect” from his players.
McGhee: catering.

My best thread for 5 years.

Kosh

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
...who/what elements would you include?!?

In no particular order:

Poyet: top level playing experience and belief in playing “proper” football. Potential “flair” foreign signings. Gives great interview.
Coppell: tactical nous and ability to get the best from his players. Always nicely turned out too.
Adams: the ability to find players who WANT to be here… after all, I remember a quote along the lines of: “I only want players who want to be at the club…” Harley hmmmmm. Also a great motivator. Ah, bless... great at stating the obvious our Micky.
Horton: pure Albion passion, I’d have him back if Poyet goes “home.”
Slade: iconic status, lovely bloke, wouldn’t mind a pint or two with him.
Wood: "I drive the bus."
Wilkins: not scared to give the youth players a chance! Hair, back in the day.
Gritt: all too obvious really.
Peter J Taylor: played with two genuine WINGERS.
Mullery: dress sense & “respect” from his players.
McGhee: catering.

My best thread for 5 years.

Kosh

May be, but an unforgivable omission is Jimmy Melia's shoes

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This has got me thinking: Perhaps the way forward for most football clubs is to employ not one but around 10 managers at the same time. Most have around ten on the payroll at anyone time anyway... what with pay offs etc.

I see it like this... This Sunday needs a motivator of the best kind... is that Gus?!? or is that (in reference to the above) Horton?!? Tactics out the window for a shot at three points. The impact on the players would take longer to dull (than the usual two seasons or so) and the club could draft in Gus, Adams, Slade et al. for those games where something totally different is required.

AWESOME.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here