Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we WON the Championship/1st Division?

If we WON the championship/1st Division. Would we be allowed into the premiership wit

• Yes

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Would we even be allowed promotion into the premiership, with a ground like the Withdean?

Would be funny seing teams like man u, arsenal and chelsea play there.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
it is an all seater stadium which is the requirement.

I'm not sure on this one.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Well, we satisfy the requirement on an all seater stadium, would be funny to share buses from the park and ride with fans from the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool.

In fact when you think about it who has got it right, at Brighton you only need to get within a couple of miles of the ground and the club lay on transport to make sure you get there safely, not sure any Premiership team can boast that level of treatment...

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
It is not big enough. I am not completely sure of the requirements. Maybe 15,000? But we would play at The New Den. :wave:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
There is also other requriments if i recall like, under-soil heating, and a minimium capacity.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
TC said:
It is not big enough. I am not completely sure of the requirements. Maybe 15,000? But we would play at The New Den. :wave:

We looked at the den when we went to shitefields, even though both clubs agreed to the ground share the police said no.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Wardywonderland said:
We looked at the den when we went to shitefields, even though both clubs agreed to the ground share the police said no.

We would definately have to groundshare.

Selhurst anyone? :glare:

MRRF 10

just looking at http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/fans/view/third_feature/0,,10794,00.html

and the only requirment i can find is:

league_capacity_regulations.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I asked Dick Knight's sidekick [you know chief exec fella,glasses]
this question two seasons ago and he said that we would only
need to improve the floodlights.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean fits the criteria so yes we can play in the Premiersh1te however it would be better with Falmer built

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What chance when Withdean barely meets the requirements for the Football League.

I believe that if we left Withdean, hopefully to Falmer and a team like Withdean 2000 suddenly galloped through the leagues they would not be admitted as the ground wouldn't be satisfactory.

The Football League bent over backwards and stretched the rules to allow us to return to Brighton in the same way that they would if Falmer was rejected and we decided on a ground between Arundel and Chichester. Seem to remeber that was suggestion to build a ground there and share with Portsmouth.

Or midway between Lewes and Gillingham and do the same there. Or between Hastings and Rye sorry over 8 miles from Brighton as per Milton Keynes Dons!

All comes back to plan B Beeding!!

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
brighton_b0y said:
Would we even be allowed promotion into the premiership, with a ground like the Withdean?

Would be funny seing teams like man u, arsenal and chelsea play there.

You forgot to include we WON'T!! Stop taking those funny pills.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i THINK (don't quote me about it) someone asked this and got the 10,000 seater figure thrown at them :(

but it won't happen , will it?

Oct 25, 2003
how did fulham get in if you need an all-seater? they played their 1st year at craven cottage which was not all seater at all
surely then, we'd get in, but be forced to improve the capacity up to a certain level?

D

Deleted User X18H

There is no reason we could not play in the premiership and don't forget my 20 quid ew at 66/1 says we very well may do so..............
.......................NO JOKE not many teams will get much from Withdean especially, not a nice place to change or relax before the game which the Leeds and Sunderland types will be used to .......again I am willing to have an even hundred with any one on here that we finish top ten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here