Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF, We Hit Relegation Form Whilst the Rest Hit Promotion Form...

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
...ie if from now on, we average just 1 point per game, whilst all the other potential six teams average 2, the table would finish thus;

Southampton 85
Peterborough 84
Brighton 83
Huddersfield 83
Bournemouth 81
MK Dons 79
Leyton O 79

What are the chances of that happening eh?
We would have to collapse dramatically.
Not going to happen, Shirley?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think most people consider Leeds to have had the most schitzo season of almost anyone last year. They imploded at the end of the season. After 34 games they were in a similar position to us now,

Leeds P34 W19 D11 L4 Pt 68
Albion P34 W21 D8 L5 Pt 71

But their last 12 games they lost 6 times, but still won six too.
P12 W6 D0 L6 Pt 18

If we implode and have a dreadful finish like the biggest bottlers in recent years, we'd be on 89 at the end of the season. That would get us promoted automatically I suspect.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On the other hand I love threads like these, so dont let that comment stop you!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
You are an odd one. If you don't like these threads just don't post. These "yawn" and "boring" posts (and there are lots of them or variants North Stand Chat) are more tedious than any thread reflecting on if we might get promoted.

The French Mistress has been noticeably tired today !!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I like this analysis, by the way. It's good up to a point, until you get say 4 or 5 games from the end. At this point a promotion candidate could reallistically win all their remaining games, and if we had a shocking run then things could fall apart.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I still think we will be on 80+ points by the end of this month and from there we can pretty much collapse all we want and it will make no difference. However, to enter into the spirit of things, haven't Charlton just plummeted from a play-off position with just 1 point in 6 games? It can happen if you don't keep focus.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
First post so hi to everyone!

Not sure if this will come out but I've been doing this about 4 weeks and it's been pretty close, although Charlton have fallen off radar .. and Orient sneaking on at bottom. I've been pretty generous I know, all will lose somewhere I think but it's not easy to predict where given current form. The only thing I know is that this won't be the way it'll finish but no better ideas right now. I can't see us slipping up.

Simple excel spreadsheet ... keeps me amused for hours!!

Football.jpg

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007

Not sure if this will come out but I've been doing this about 4 weeks and it's been pretty close, although Charlton have fallen off radar .. and Orient sneaking on at bottom. I've been pretty generous I know, all will lose somewhere I think but it's not easy to predict where given current form. The only thing I know is that this won't be the way it'll finish but no better ideas right now. I can't see us slipping up.

Football.jpg

Geek of the week award goes to.................................. must be true, it's in colour..................yawn!

"...When I look back on all these worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened" Sir Winston S Churchill.

Could the mods maybe make this a banner across the top of this board please???

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Geek? pmsl ... nice to meet you too

Sorry, but if I could read it, I might know what it means ? As I said earlier to another predictor poster, does it take into account red cards, suspensions, injuries, international call-ups ? All very good on paper, but the matches are decided on the pitch.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Football.jpg

Good work! Have you met Acker79? You two will out statto each other!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here