Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we are Potless now..........

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
It seems everyone is saying that if we get the Go Ahead for Falmer it will be all Sweetness and Light etc.

But what is bugging me is how will we survive between the Yes(Hopefully?)decision and the actual time the ground is built?

If we are potless now,how will we survive the next 3 years then?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Up front costs of the planning application can be paid back to the club from the stadium fund once that funding is secured. There is talk of this being 2.5 million quids...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Four ways.

The "We're Not Bricking Ourselves, Honest!" Fund.
For £10 a brick, Albion fans will be able to have their name printed through a brick, like on a stick of rock. This brick will then be used to help build Falmer.
Projected revenue for the club: £300k.

The "Trip Down Memory Leon" Fund.
For £50, Albion fans can have their photo taken tripping over in the penalty area and wearing a "I'm with Leon!" t-shirt on the day of the club's last ever game at Withdean. One to put on the wall and treasure forever.
Projected revenue for the club: £500k.

The "Dye a Player" Fund.
Falmer Village Pond will be filled with blue dye. Fans will then be able to bid as to which player they'd like to see 'dunked in the pond' on matchdays.
Projected revenue for the club: £250k. (Rising to £400k if Kerry Mayo wins the vote, as blue and ginger go purple, which would be especially worth seeing).

The "Gulls Aloud" CD.
Five current Albion players will don wigs, wonderbras and short skirts to mimic Cheryl, Kimberley, Nicola, Nadine & Sarah. They'll then record a version of "I'll (North) Stand (Chat) By You". A concerted campaign by Albion fans will see this crash into the charts at number 87.
Projected revenue for the club: £200k.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
There will be some nostalgia (mainly along the "Thank god we're out of that place" kind) with Withdean, so selling anything the club actually own there after the last match might be an idea....

After all, three promotions orchestrated from its portakabins.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
bhafc99 said:
For £10 a brick, Albion fans will be able to have their name printed through a brick, like on a stick of rock. This brick will then be used to help build Falmer.

For £50, Albion fans can have their photo taken tripping over in the penalty area and wearing a "I'm with Leon!" t-shirt on the day of the club's last ever game at Withdean. One to put on the wall and treasure forever.

The "Dye a Player" Fund.
Falmer Village Pond will be filled with blue dye. Fans will then be able to bid as to which player they'd like to see 'dunked in the pond' on matchdays.
Projected revenue for the club: £250k. (Rising to £400k if Kerry Mayo wins the vote, as blue and ginger go purple, which would be especially worth seeing).

The "Gulls Aloud" CD.
Five current Albion players will don wigs, wonderbras and short skirts to mimic Cheryl, Kimberley, Nicola, Nadine & Sarah. They'll then record a version of "I'll (North) Stand (Chat) By You". A concerted campaign by Albion fans will see this crash into the charts at number 87.

like all of these ideas! top work me man!

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Charlies Shinpad said:
It seems everyone is saying that if we get the Go Ahead for Falmer it will be all Sweetness and Light etc.

But what is bugging me is how will we survive between the Yes(Hopefully?)decision and the actual time the ground is built?

If we are potless now,how will we survive the next 3 years then?
Agreed and spot on,its goner be a nightmare yet again,and not sure wether the club can get through it,just hope the new ground and investors are pumping money in around that time grrrrrrrrr.:drink:

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Sparkie is right - see Insider's answer to my question "Falmer - Planning Costs" in the Ask the Club section. So all we need is the planning permission: Square One - here we come (again!)

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
bhafc99 said:
Four ways.

The "Dye a Player" Fund.

The "Gulls Aloud" CD.
Yeah fans these days can afford everything:rolleyes: but good ideas as the hardcore fans may shell out as usual:lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
mr turd said:
Yeah fans these days can afford everything:rolleyes: but good ideas as the hardcore fans may shell out as usual:lolol:

Bless you. I almost think you thought I meant it....

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Clapham Old Mug said:
Sparkie is right - see Insider's answer to my question "Falmer - Planning Costs" in the Ask the Club section. So all we need is the planning permission: Square One - here we come (again!)

Just read that and it makes sense,but forgive me if I am being thick,but will the Club borrow enough money to get us thru the next 3 years as well as funding the new stadium?

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
bhafc99 said:
Bless you. I almost think you thought I meant it....
With our board anything is possible,when it comes to making money from supporters,rather than finding otherways:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here