Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If this AMAZING d/debit set up wasn't in place how many ST holders would there be?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
As an incentive to renew and they get more money upfront.

They don't need to discount while the demand is there. As soon as we start struggling in the champ or become mid table mediocre then crowds will dwindle and discount offers will be made by the club. I'm not saying this will happen, it's just a hypothesis.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I'd say Hull are an incredibly similar club to us in so many ways. Only had one or two top flight years in their history, despite a relatively large dormant support. Crowds that dwindle to noddy levels when in the lower leagues but could easily get 35,000 in the Prem or with a bit of success. And now they are in a new stadium, they have rarely seen crowds of less than 18-19,000.

As I say, striking similaries. Plymouth would be the same. Brighton, Hull and Plymouth all have big but fickle support IMO.

Sounds about right to me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As an incentive to renew and they get more money upfront.

Then you are effectively charging for the DD scheme, which they haven't wanted to do. I can see your point, but making the one off payment cheaper is not the message they are looking to send out with regard to making payment arrangements fair for all.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I reckon about 10,000 - 12,000 STHs if there wasnt a ddm scheme in place.

Probably get more general sale tix so reckon on crowds of c18k, in the manner of Hull as Simster says.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They don't need to discount while the demand is there. As soon as we start struggling in the champ or become mid table mediocre then crowds will dwindle and discount offers will be made by the club. I'm not saying this will happen, it's just a hypothesis.

Yes, true. A significant rise in interest rates could also cause a re-think.

Brighton_Barca

Bus stop wanker
At Barcelona they have a system where season ticket holders can give their seat back to the club to sell, and then they get a discount off their season ticket the following season if the ticket is sold. Seems a good system for us to put in place too if we already have a waiting list for seats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No difference - it's a great scheme and helps but most people could've done it over 3 months as usual. Stop making excuses and ifs and buts - we're a big club now that's going places :)

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
At Barcelona they have a system where season ticket holders can give their seat back to the club to sell, and then they get a discount off their season ticket the following season if the ticket is sold. Seems a good system for us to put in place too if we already have a waiting list for seats.

The same system happens at Arsenal

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
What does worry me, though, is that most of them aren't planning to go to EVERY game at Falmer - and I doubt if they are going to bother selling their tickets on, either.

Very true. For example, how many people get an annual gym membership and pay about £40 a month - but stop going after the first couple of months once the novelty has worn off, yet are happy to just write off the £40 each month as it's part of the contract they agreed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Which is why it is ESSENTIAL for the club to get an efficient, reliable, simple ticket exchange system put in place so that these tickets don't go dormant.

The demand is undoubtedly there, people are going to be crying out for spare tickets all season long. It will be farcical if we have "sold out" games and then arrive to droves of empty seats on matchday.

I desperately hope the club have this in hand from the off, but I've still not heard anything concrete yet, which is a mild concern.

Indeed. It could well end up like the annual 'New Years Resolution' rush to sign up at a gym, which makes them full to capacity in January and half-empty again by March. The gym don't mind as the money keeps rolling in. The Direct Debit money will keep rolling in for the club also, all comes down to whether they want the team to play in front of full houses. Certainly nobody in their right mind is going to entrust their swipe card to anybody other than close friends.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(

A lot of Barca season ticket holders only want to see the big games, such as Real Madrid and CL ties. They are basically safeguarding their access to these games by giving back their tickets to lesser fixtures, which have no guarantee of selling. If BHA did the same, STH's might be giving back their tickets to less attractive games, which probably wouldn't sell out anyway ???

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Which is why it is ESSENTIAL for the club to get an efficient, reliable, simple ticket exchange system put in place so that these tickets don't go dormant.

The demand is undoubtedly there, people are going to be crying out for spare tickets all season long. It will be farcical if we have "sold out" games and then arrive to droves of empty seats on matchday.

I desperately hope the club have this in hand from the off, but I've still not heard anything concrete yet, which is a mild concern.

They are. There will be a ticket exchange. Well, they said they would be operating one when I bouht my ST in january

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
One question, what happens if people cancel their direct debit later in the season ?

ticket would be locked and effectively cancelled.

Entry to the stadium would be voided as the turnstiles won't recognise the card.

Bit like trying to use a bankcard in a cashpoint if you have changed accounts or backs.-

basically the Season ticket is now an electronic key to enamble access as well as holding a myriad of different bits of information - games atteneded, purchases made, etc. Easy enough to be cancelled electronically in this day and age.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Let's just hope that no-one comes up with the idea of giving Pay On The Day priority to people who are on the waiting list for season tickets.

Does the waiting list now exceed the number of matchday general sale tickets ? The ticket exchange scheme would be easy for the club to operate if they gave fans on the waiting list number 1 priority. If any other club had come up with the idea to spread payments by rolling direct debit they would have stuck an interest charge on top as an admin charge.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ticket would be locked and effectively cancelled.

Entry to the stadium would be voided as the turnstiles won't recognise the card.

Bit like trying to use a bankcard in a cashpoint if you have changed accounts or backs.-

basically the Season ticket is now an electronic key to enamble access as well as holding a myriad of different bits of information - games atteneded, purchases made, etc. Easy enough to be cancelled electronically in this day and age.

It will also track you spending habits inside the ground e.g. how many pints of Harveys drunk , packets of crisps and mars bars that you've scoffed , number of hot pies eaten pre-match etc etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i wonder how many people actually bought a ST to make sure they saw the first couple of games and will give up after that.

i know £400 is a lot of money to some people, but as in teh case of Gyms, to some people its not a lot of money.

I tend to agree that we should be looking at the club to have a decent ST swapsies scheme for games where people are not going to go, say midweek games

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
There are many arguments on this subject but I think that things may become more clear once the new season at the Amex begins. Ticket Exchange schemes are irrelevant if the following applies also to 'one off' purchasers.

STH holders for the new season may well turn up to every game BUT only if they are going to be able to get home from say a mid week match ending say 2145 hours. Some will be relying for example on trains or buses but if there is no ongoing connection, ie they physically can't get home, they are not going to turn out !

Those who choose trains or buses ordinarily may, in the case of a midweek games decide to drive but how available are going to be park and rides for example ?

We really need to know the transport masterplan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here