Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if roberts comes thru today unscathed.....

will roberts play on Sat

• Yes get him back now

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • He can warm the Bench

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
If Roberts comes thru todays reserve game unscathed will Mcghee risk him on Saturday ??

It would be nice to see him back but i dont think he will be fit....but...you never know

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
He has not played first team since the playoffs I think. No chance of him just walking back into first team football especially after the sort of injury problems he has been having. Shame though as he is a great keeper when fit.

I am not hopeful that he will ever be fully fit again. Seems to me to be one of those niggling injuries that will never go away.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How fit do you have to be to play in goal ?:rolleyes:

Ever see Neville Southall in his later years, kept us from scoring and he must have been 20 stone :ohmy:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
How fit do you have to be to play in goal ?:rolleyes:

Well, you're pretty f***ed if yuo've got a dodgy back aren't you.

He's f***ed, end of career. Shame but it was coming.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Shame his career is probably over, but if it means Kuipers stays in his rightful number 1 spot....

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
No real surprise really. Goalkeepers and knackered backs just don't mix. Not worth risking serious injury & pain in your later life for the sake of another couple of seasons of football? If this is your last game for us then ..... Thanks for your efforts. All the best for the future.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
y2dave said:
Roberts lasted just 9 minutes today. Sadly he's probably finished.

What happened?

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Knee injury - was stretchered off! :(

Sorry - forgot to mention. This info was in a club text...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

I find it hard to understand why we risked playing him if the injury he's had since pre-season is that bad that he can't last 10 mins. Surely the medical people at the club should have known it was still that bad. Are you sure it was a recurrence of that injury and not a new one?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

:( f**k

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I find it hard to understand why we risked playing him if the injury he's had since pre-season is that bad that he can't last 10 mins. Surely the medical people at the club should have known it was still that bad. Are you sure it was a recurrence of that injury and not a new one?

The thing is it is a knee injury today, it has been back problems all season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:

Well if it is a knee injury as suggested then fair enough but he's extrmemly injury prone and this must be the time to call it a day.

Back injuries never fully recover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here