Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Prescott goes I am worried and I am a Tory....

D

Deleted User X18H

...a new Secretary Of State ........I can see it now 'yes I think my predessor was incorrect here its a no' fcuk:down:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
He won't go.....he's just boosted his street cred by showing he's still got it in him at 67............oooooerrrrrrr.......shudder the thought of JP on the job:lolol: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
everytime I heard the news story about the fat bastard today I dreaded the same thing. Even if he does resign, will it ruin our chances? will a new Labour dude say "Two jags was wrong after all!"

f***ing LDC to blame....AGAIN! :angry:

He loves football, wants to give us a stadium, fights blokes and shags birds.

f***ing LEGEND :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

D

Deleted User X18H

London Irish said:
He loves football, wants to give us a stadium, fights blokes and shags birds.

f***ing LEGEND :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
I'd read the thread again or get Trigger to read it to you.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Large One said:
I'm a bit confused here. Why does he need to resign?

For no reason obviously, but rumours are circulating that he might well.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article360664.ece

More revelations about his private life perhaps ? Rumours of another women ?

Ridiculous obviously, but I guess the Blunket resignation sets a precedent if he was seen to be abusing his office, by for example sending the Jag out to buy flowers.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Even for the Tories, the stuff in that report is pathetic.

It's possible we may be forgetting one thing. The Falmer decision was an ODPM decision based on GOVERNMENT policy. There would be more shit to pay by reversing the decision (thereby wasting more taxpayers money) than anything else.

Personally, I reckon Prescott will ride this out, if you excuse the phrase. I don't think he has an embarrassment gene.

From Hansard:

Sir Bufton Ponsonby-Twatt (C): Mr Speaker, I feel the Right Honourable member for Hull East should keep his member to himself and do the honourable thing and resign.

Rt Hon John Prescott (L): Mr Speaker, I will do no such thing. In fact, if the member would like to meet me on the hustings, I will give him a chinning. Problem is, he doesn't have one.

See?

Last edited:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Evven if he goes its unlikely an incoming Labour DPM will not share the same view as JP.

Ane not all Labour MP's in favour of Falmer ?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If he does go I am sure who either replaces him will soon be told by the local labour MP's and counciliors how important it is to say a big yes to Falmer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Quite, in the unlikely event of his resignation, the duties for planning would be given to an MP (probably a current cabinet minister) who is already well aware of the Falmer situation, and if they aren't, they would be pretty sharpish.

Do you know what? I think it's going to be alright.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I dont think Prescott will resign. But Tony Blair stepping down and Gordon Brown taking over might cause Prescott to be moved.

Once in Gordon Brown will have a re-shuffle and have his own cronies in place.

Having said that, I doubt it would make much difference to the decision whatever Labour MP was put in place. Someone like John reid would have a field day with those NIMBIES

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yvette Cooper was the government minister dealing with the case, but the Deputy Prime Minister gets to choose his team. The next DPM may move her on. Ultimately, it's the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister which makes the decision, an office Prescott is in charge of and responsible for at present.

So Yvette Cooper may or may not have made the decision, but Prescott has to agree.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Is anyone on here tupping Yvette Cooper perchance?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gully said:
Is anyone on here tupping Yvette Cooper perchance?

She's married to fast-rising Labour star, Ed Balls. He's widely tipped to be Chancellor in a Brown administration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here