Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If MM left?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was thinking about who could take over if MM left for any reason and after reading about Steve Staunton taking over Republic of Ireland it made me think Brian Kerr might be a good option for us. I felt he was unfairly sacked. His teams play decent football, apparently he put a lot of work into the whole set-up in Ireland and he must have links and knowledge in Ireland and lower league football over here.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Another crap thread.Just support McGhee for god sake

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was going to put a disclaimer that this was not a get rid of MM thread but thought better of it. Should have done it now, cheers green dude.:nono:

Algie if you have seen any of my other threads you would see I am actually a supporter of MM.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I quite fancy Martin "Mad Dog" Allen at Brentford. Although chances are the Bees are going up next season anyway, and our chances of survival are diminishing rapidly so the likelihood of him jumping ship seems remote

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ireland played poor football under Brian Kerr, and failed to beat inferior opposition, Switzerland, Israel, etc.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Micky Adams. :clap2:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Ireland played poor football under Brian Kerr, and failed to beat inferior opposition, Switzerland, Israel, etc.

Its not like he had a lot to work with but he tried to get them playing more football than the previous two managers. Also they got some decent results against some good opposition, France for example.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
I'm very pro mm, but if he left for any reason I've definately heard stranger suggestions. As you say his knowledge of the irish leagues and contacts there could be very useful.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasn't Brian Kerr shown on tele the other day flying out to South Africa or somewhere similar to be interviewd for the job as manager of some other national team.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
Its not like he had a lot to work with but he tried to get them playing more football than the previous two managers. Also they got some decent results against some good opposition, France for example.
He had some quality players to work with!

Both Keane's, Duff, Elliot, etc. Alright they weren't the strongest international side but better than Switzerland and Israel.

Swapping him for MM would be a like for like change, Ireland fans accused Kerr of tactical ineptitude and bizarre/poor substitutions.

E

enigma

Bluejuice said:
I quite fancy Martin "Mad Dog" Allen at Brentford. Although chances are the Bees are going up next season anyway, and our chances of survival are diminishing rapidly so the likelihood of him jumping ship seems remote

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
He had some quality players to work with!

Both Keane's, Duff, Elliot, etc. Alright they weren't the strongest international side but better than Switzerland and Israel.

Swapping him for MM would be a like for like change, Ireland fans accused Kerr of tactical ineptitude and bizarre/poor substitutions.

Yes quality, Kilbane, Breen, Harte, O'Brien, Clit Morrison, Alan Lee. It was mearly a suggestion Bob. The point was for people to have an opinion on the suggestion and suggest other managers. Not poo poo ideas off the bat.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
The point was for people to have an opinion on the suggestion
Surely that was what I did?

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Surely that was what I did?

f***ing hell Bob! Alright then, a constructive one, not one that just shits on other peoples.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
My contructive opinion is that I wouldn't see Kerr as a fantastic appointment and would prefer John Gorman. :lolol:

Is that ok?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BensGrandad said:
The worst suggestion ever they dont come back.

Wait and see smartarse.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
My contructive opinion is that I wouldn't see Kerr as a fantastic appointment and would prefer John Gorman. :lolol:

Is that ok?

Much better thank you Bob.:kiss: Making up is always the best bit.;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here