Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If its NO to Falmer its....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...all your fault for not turning out on Sunday and cheering on the lads and showing the NIMBY's that everyone in the Brighton and Hove connurbation of 250, 000 people support our team.

Our fans are a disgrace and are not fit to have a team in the Championship. Shame on you.
I went swimming BTW:lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What about a little game. Insert, as ridiculous as possible, to complete the following sentence.

You can't.......(eg: kick the dog)

.....because it'll mean we won't get Falmer.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You can't ...take a huge dump in Falmer's slimy pond... because it'll mean we won't get Falmer.

Is that the type of thing?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Err...yeah, I guess so. Listen, I never claimed this game was going to be the new Monopoly...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you cant.........drop a crisp packet in the Withdean no parking Zone, because the NIMBY's will seize upon this as the fact that we are all louts and .......because it'll mean we wont get Falmer?

Hows that?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
dave the gaffer said:
... .If its NO to Falmer its....

... obviously been written by someone who has not read the admirable "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss.

Try this: If it's NO to Falmer, it's... an opportunity for NSC members to to spend time revising basic punctuation, including use of the apostrophe.

As in: Up yours, GT. Not Up your's, GT.

And before anyone asks, it's: You're (not your) going home in a pedant's ambulance.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Re: Re: If its NO to Falmer its....

Gilliver's Travels said:
... obviously been written by someone who has not read the admirable "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss.

Try this: If it's NO to Falmer, it's... an opportunity for NSC members to to spend time revising basic punctuation, including use of the apostrophe.

As in: Up yours, GT. Not Up your's, GT.

And before anyone asks, it's: You're (not your) going home in a pedant's ambulance.

Surely that should be "a pedants' ambulance" – an ambulance for pedants. Not "a pedant's ambulance" – an ambulance owned by a pedant.
??!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Thanks, bhafc99. I do understand your point. But my imaginary "pedant's ambulance" is one appropriate to, rather than owned by a pedant.

It's a bit like the generic "king's ransom"; ie a ransom appropriate to a king, not one owned by a single king; nor indeed by several kings.

Okay, I'll now rearrange the following words in some sort of order:-

Petard, own, with, hoist, my.

(Note: not 'by', but 'with')

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can't have your pudding before you've eaten all your vegetables, because it'll mean we won't get falmer.

(well, thats what I tell my 8 year old).

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
FG aka Football Genius. said:
......club survival as all his eggs in one basket could be yoke on silent face, lets hope knot

What the f***?

:ohmy:

All football fans are banned from Sussex....incase we don't get Falmer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here