Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Falmer is YES, then for old times sake...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At least one of them got it right........Quote: "It's just jealousy. They're miles ahead of Orient now."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
london_seagull said:
why do they hate us so much? this is a rivalry ive neva understood ... sorry:blush:

Its because no one hates Borient and when it all kicked off in the last season at the goldstone and the 4-4 draw things got a bit tasty and ever since then they think we are their rivals.

Basically we went 2-0 up then Nicky Rust proceeded to have a mare and concde 3 goals in about 5 mins. Scott McGleish scored one of the goals and made gestures to the North Stand which proceeded to lead to a pitch invasion. Someone even got hold Ray Wilkins leg!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
london_seagull said:
why do they hate us so much? this is a rivalry ive neva understood ... sorry:blush:

You obviously disnt follow our fortunes during the dark years?

There was the 4-4 battle of the goldstone, where they wound up our fans to the point some idiots ran on the pitch and lamped Ray WIlkins. Resulting in Barry Hearn wanting us docked points and kicked out the league.

Then we seemed to play them every other month in some cup competition or other which they would always bloody beat us in, resulting in very unsavoury scenes between the 2 sets of supporters.

Then there was the time that they wouldnt let us protest against Archer on the TV for the Shilton 1000th appearnce game, which we obviously lost, again. God I hated them, and now they are but a piece of shit on my shoe :D

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
If everyone on here is so sure we will get Falmer, where does the information that started their thread come from? ???

Bunch of Billy Mitchels! :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's worth remembering that despite Orient being as significant as a green bogey - albeit an annoyingly sticky one that refuses to budge - their tannoy man Andrew "Buono" Buonocore remains one of the biggest twats in the non-league game.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Albion Dan said:
You obviously disnt follow our fortunes during the dark years?

There was the 4-4 battle of the goldstone, where they wound up our fans to the point some idiots ran on the pitch and lamped Ray WIlkins. Resulting in Barry Hearn wanting us docked points and kicked out the league.

Then we seemed to play them every other month in some cup competition or other which they would always bloody beat us in, resulting in very unsavoury scenes between the 2 sets of supporters.

Then there was the time that they wouldnt let us protest against Archer on the TV for the Shilton 1000th appearnce game, which we obviously lost, again. God I hated them, and now they are but a piece of shit on my shoe :D

I was around in the "dark years" and even the early Withdean years. However, i never hated them, they were simply nobodys. In the old days we would take their whole stupid little ground and the small pathetic groups of "home" fans would look like non-league fans - or Aldershot! :lol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If we get Falmer, they'll be even more irrellevant then thye are now.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The days when Boon-o used to come on NSC, trying to lord it up, seem like a very distant memory. The time he played YMCA on the PA at Brisbane Road/Matchroom Stadium! Lord, I nearly shat myself laughing.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
:lolol: cheers guys, always wondered on that one. strange how these little rivalries spark up.

n nah i didnt really follow us at the goldstone, i was too young and me old man worked away so never went games.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
pasty said:
At least one of them got it right........Quote: "It's just jealousy. They're miles ahead of Orient now."
I've just realised that I met that bloke in the pub just before the last match we played at their "ground". Nice bloke too, obviously very much in the minority.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Doesn't it warm your heart?:)

This quote could be described(by a girl) as being 'cute' :

"I'm just remembering how much I used to hate them. I used to be almost sick with nerves before we played them."

And why is our name highlighted? ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To give them credit, I'm glad to see that they remember our victory against them when the "there's no-one there" chant began - the fact that we'd ever even deigned to grace their tawdry little East End hovel had entirely slipped from my memory in recent years.

However, the very entertaining memory of seeing 2-3 of their facially-deformed fans having a right go at a) their own players and b) each other as to what should be done about their abject status is now fresh as a daisy again. Gawd bless 'em, little tinkers.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:lolol:

They actually hate us don't they!

I don't think I know a brighton fan who actually gives a shit about Orient. We WANT to see Palace go down, but with Orient.. we really couldn't care as long as they doesn't bother us. :lolol: I think they hate that more than anything.

I don't think some of them understand our club will fold if we don't get a yes within the next 3 days.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
3gulls said:
If everyone on here is so sure we will get Falmer, where does the information that started their thread come from? ???

Bunch of Billy Mitchels! :lol:

That thread on their board is from the last decision.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wardywonderland said:
That thread on their board is from the last decision.
No, it's after that thread that appeared on popbitch last week that suggested it was a no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here