Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If ENGLAND reached the 2010 World Cup Final, where would you watch it ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I fancy a break from the Coppello threads.

OK, so its hugely hypothetical and all that, and we'll probably bomb out in the Quarters or, Semis if we're lucky. But if it happened. If we actually got to the Semi-Final next summer and WON, then where would you choose to watch the World Cup Final ?

Its a momentus decision. Its quite literally the Match of a Lifetime, a legendary sporting event you will never forget for the rest of your days, and one which (regardless of the outcome) you will one day tell your kids and grandkids about. So, if you're not in South Africa for the game, then where would YOU go to watch England in the 2010 World Cup Final ? Would you have a houseful and camp out in front of the telly at home ? Or would you make a beeline for the pubs ?

I reckon I'd probably go down the Cricketers in Southwick. Its always a punch-up waiting to happen, but when it comes to an England game, its a FANTASTIC venue for a massive England game....

You ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would imagine that there would be various big screens dotted about the capital. I quite fancy Regents Park as it holds happy memories of watching England take the 2005 Ashes on the penultimater day of the last test.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would imagine that there would be various big screens dotted about the capital. I quite fancy Regents Park as it holds happy memories of watching England take the 2005 Ashes on the penultimater day of the last test.

Good shout, was good for the 2009 Ashes as well. A big screen in Trafalgar Square would be brilliant. Obviously I'd leave when we were 2-0 down with a couple of minutes to go, before the destruction of London ensues.

BOF, are you going to reply to my pm young man?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good shout, was good for the 2009 Ashes as well. A big screen in Trafalgar Square would be brilliant. Obviously I'd leave when we were 2-0 down with a couple of minutes to go, before the destruction of London ensues.

BOF, are you going to reply to my pm young man?

That would be immense. I am just a bit concerned that the Met Police wouldn't be able to cope and it would be a no go.

Didn't realise I had a PM. I shall do so in due course! Apollo cheese.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oooh, if they did one of those big Stella Artois screens on the beach, I think I'd be tempted to mosey along there and watch it, along with a rucksack full of the finest beers and wines known to man. That would be EPIC.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Stuck up here in Jockland, I shall be watching at home as I suspect all the pubs will be showing reruns of Taggart instead.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That would be immense. I am just a bit concerned that the Met Police wouldn't be able to cope and it would be a no go.

Didn't realise I had a PM. I shall do so in due course! Apollo cheese.

Probably, it's about as likely as us getting to the final in the first place.

No probs, and I promise the pm isn't me ranting about how the 'never go back' rule doesn't apply to Coppell.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Stuck up here in Jockland, I shall be watching at home as I suspect all the pubs will be showing reruns of Taggart instead.

From experience of living in Scotland, when England are playing, it is best to keep your head down...a few tinnies and a night at home in front of the tv is probably the best and safest option.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'd borrow a dog so i could take it for a walk...

In all seriousness, probably down the local, don't think there'd be many pubs anywhere in the country where the atmosphere wouldn't be buzzing one way or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here