Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If England played in the football league.......

If England played in the football league....

• Total voters

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Just imagine for a minute, if the England national side were an ordinary football club, where would you place them in the league? Mid table in the Premiership? Top half of the Championship? I'm just curious

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They would be either Everton or Aston Villa, close, but no cigar

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
They are a Tottenham in my opinion.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
They would easily be top two. The quality of player is there for all to see when everybody is fit and there would be a totally different mentality without the national pressure.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
If you pretend that the England players are clones or something and can play for their clubs too then top 6. If the best English players are taken out of their clubs then England would win the league easy.

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
I voted league 1 although I don't genuinely believe this it would give me the greatest pleasure to see the overhyped, overpaid media darlings having the stuffing kicked out of them by league 1 defences :D

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would be Arsenal, have done quite alot over the past 10 years but consistantly just missing out recently, on decline, but might bounce back with youngsters if get fit and act together

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Someone voted League One? :lol:

Sep 1, 2010
Top half of the Premiership easily. Bearing in mind they would be training together every week rather than once in a while and i presume the manager could pick any English player at any given week

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If you pretend that the England players are clones or something and can play for their clubs too then top 6. If the best English players are taken out of their clubs then England would win the league easy.

Is the right answer.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Would be Arsenal, have done quite alot over the past 10 years but consistantly just missing out recently, on decline, but might bounce back with youngsters if get fit and act together

Agreed not use to winning so not able to get over the final hurdle

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Really, would Man City suffer that much from having their International players taken out? I'm sure they'd get a replacement for Joe Hart easy enough.

I'd put England in the 3rd-6th place battle. The top clubs would easily replace their England players with cheaper foreigners

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
For me, England are like Fulham
When they're on form and on fire, they'll knock you for 6. Catch them on a bad day however and it's pushover time

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What?

That group of players training together week in week-out, with incredible strength in depth....they would win the league easily.

That's the thing though, it makes the question impossible. If there was a club side that had the top 20 players in England then they would be right up there. If the question is where would the England team rank on current performances, then they'd probably be about 6th or 7th. United, City and even Chelsea would tear them apart.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Mid table for me. Can't see teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and a few others being troubled by England.

Then again, I'm taking players like Rooney and Gerrard as their ENGLAND selves. Which is a lot worse than their PREMIER LEAGUE selves.

Tricky question...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here