If coppell had stayed where would we be

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
championship. probably

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
Out of the football league and out of buisiness, he took us down from the Championship and under him we would have kept falling down the leagues. Ok when he left us in the lurch we were doing ok but it would never have lasted.:angry::angry::angry:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
he took us down from the Championship

The reign of Hinshelwood probably didn't help matters. Coppells job was essentially to get the same number of "safety points" (being about 45) in 30 or so games.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Out of the football league and out of buisiness, he took us down from the Championship and under him we would have kept falling down the leagues. Ok when he left us in the lurch we were doing ok but it would never have lasted.:angry::angry::angry:

I wouldn't regard being in one of the promotion places from the division as leaving us in the lurch, far be it for me to remind everyone that we had to rely on the play-offs to get promoted...or am I being picky?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't regard being in one of the promotion places from the division as leaving us in the lurch, far be it for me to remind everyone that we had to rely on the play-offs to get promoted...or am I being picky?

Being top, to be precise.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Probably the same place we are now.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was thinking about this earlier, how strange.

Difficult. Theoretically we might be in the Championship as he was the best manager we have had since I have supported Brighton, but then we would not have got £1.5m for Virgo, considering he was effectively on his way out of the club.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I was thinking about this earlier, how strange.

Difficult. Theoretically we might be in the Championship as he was the best manager we have had since I have supported Brighton, but then we would not have got £1.5m for Virgo, considering he was effectively on his way out of the club.

swings and roundabout isnt it

we would never have got that money for virgo, but would we have had to put up with signings such as molango, mccammon and jarrett? would coppell have been able to manage knight in a more succesful way and get the undoubted potential he had out of him - and possibly a couple of million?

unfortunately its something we will never know. i do think that we would be a lot better off though if he was still in charge today

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
swings and roundabout isnt it

we would never have got that money for virgo, but would we have had to put up with signings such as molango, mccammon and jarrett? would coppell have been able to manage knight in a more succesful way and get the undoubted potential he had out of him - and possibly a couple of million?

unfortunately its something we will never know. i do think that we would be a lot better off though if he was still in charge today

Not sure he would have managed anything out of Knight no more so than any other manager has. Only have to look at the situation with Lita at Reading Coppell has lost that one I think!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its an interesting question.

Personally I would think we would still be in the Championship but just surviving each year until we could establish ourselves. Probably like Barnsley.

He certainly brought a better player into the club thats for sure and as commented earlier Leon would probably have been a million pound player under him but then Virgo would not have been.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
great manager, one of the best we've had...got some cracking loans and free transfers down here. He clearly still cares deeply for BHA because of the way he is always saying we're a bigger club than Reading.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
League one or the Championship, much like we are now. We were always going to be a League 1 club, until Falmer come along, no matter who was in charge. I can see up going for promotion in a big way next year, followed by a season on mid tableness (if thats possible at the moment) in the Championship, and then FALMER

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Still bouncing around league one with the occasional flirtation with the championship. Unless Coppell himself was going to spent an extra million or so on players/wages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here