Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Cameron was to fail to win outright.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not quite.
Losing a 2 horse race, heavily, is worse than just missing out in what has become a 3 horse race.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
ah but turning a routine 2 horse race into the first genuine 3 horse race ever takes an impressive talent................................split right down the middle in terms of seats I reckon and labour can hold to power if they can do a deal with the liberals

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
no , it would put him on par with Gordy. :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
watch as the Labour support classify a minority Tory government as some sort of win for them.

Kinnock lost outright. Cameron failing to win a majority would be at the same level as the last time there was a hung parliament.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The whole face of Politics in the UK has been changed by 90 minutes of TV.

Before the first debate, the LibDems were nowhere. It was a straight two way fight. Now, whether or not you like their policies, they have a real chance of having a say in how the Country is run.

As an aside, as a result of a hung Parliament IF there is Electoral reform, and we move to PR, with Nick Griffin today saying that they expect to be the fourth largest Party, is PR really such a good idea?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It would be an unmitigated disaster for Cameron considering the Conservatives were 20% ahead in the polls , the equivalent of doing a "Leeds" every season.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
The whole face of Politics in the UK has been changed by 90 minutes of TV.

Before the first debate, the LibDems were nowhere. It was a straight two way fight. Now, whether or not you like their policies, they have a real chance of having a say in how the Country is run.

As an aside, as a result of a hung Parliament IF there is Electoral reform, and we move to PR, with Nick Griffin today saying that they expect to be the fourth largest Party, is PR really such a good idea?

I know what you are saying but in a democracy shouldn't people be allowed to vote for who they want?

Some form of reform needs to take place as to me it seems wrong that the labour party may potentially come 3rd in the national vote yet win more seats!

Fair point but conversely if you are not a Tory in an area such as Horsham then your vote is completely worthless?

It cannot be 'fair' that a party which polls say 20% of the vote and only gets say 5% of the seats.

I would suggest some Electoral reform is required but it's not going to be easy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If that is what the electorate want, so be it.

I think it was a local government seat, around Millwall, that the BNP got in a few years ago.
The sad fact was more people protested and striked about that democratic decision, than voted in the ward in question.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I know what you are saying but in a democracy shouldn't people be allowed to vote for who they want?

Some form of reform needs to take place as to me it seems wrong that the labour party may potentially come 3rd in the national vote yet win more seats!

Of course they should.

I am only saying that with PR there will be a lot more 'extreme/fringe' Parties getting seats. Look at the Euro Elections.

Certainly The Greens, UKIP and the BNP must be licking their lips at the thought of a hung Parliament and possible PR.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

neither of the "old" parties would agree to full PR, both support the constituency concept and know they would never form a government on their own under PR. bear in mind there are as many fault line between Liberals and Labour as there are Liberals and Tory. So an alternative would have to be looked at, one that will limit the very small fringe parties.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
ah but turning a routine 2 horse race into the first genuine 3 horse race ever takes an impressive talent........................ ........split right down the middle in terms of seats I reckon and labour can hold to power if they can do a deal with the liberals

split in terms of VOTES, not seats, liberals will get about 90 seats or so, not much more.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Judgement on Cameron would come much later.

If he is able to produce a workable majority with a spattering of right wingers e.g. DUP UKIP, he has a fighting chance, otherwise a combination of his own right wing and coalition partners from the centre ground, will prove to be utterly unmanageable.

D

Deleted User X18H

Would that put him on the same inept level as Neil Kinnock in 1992?

No Vlad:wink: he'll win once the minority is dissolved in November. For some reason some people cannot see what shit this country is in and what bigger shit awaits a Labour led minority Government. After a few months of unbelievable shit in the interim perhaps they'll learn.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Given the backdrop of this election, I'd say that DC not getting a majority is as bad as Kinnock getting beaten by Major back in 1992.

DC agreeing to the TV debates when he was 20% ahead was a major bollock drop!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No Vlad:wink: he'll win once the minority is dissolved in November. For some reason some people cannot see what shit this country is in and what bigger shit awaits a Labour led minority Government. After a few months of unbelievable shit in the interim perhaps they'll learn.

Or a similar fate with a DC/Tory led minority government...either way we are probably facing another election in the autumn or next spring...not sure what it would do to the future prospects of either of the main two parties, assuming that it is one of them that forms whatever Government we get on Friday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here