Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Big Ron is guilty of a racist comment...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Because Ian Wright does

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
bigc said:
one of my friends brought this up today.

what was it Peter said to Ian?

'my nose is not redder than rudolph you big bully'

:dunce: ok reading that back its not funny. and on that note i bid farewell

Dandyman

In London village.
bigc said:
one of my friends brought this up today.

what was it Peter said to Ian?

According to Wright he called him a "black bastard".

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
No big ron is a legend and just speaks his mind which is something society tries hard to prevent you from doing.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Schmeichel has always denied Wrights accusations. His auto-biography is a good read, He denys Wrights claims and criticises the PFA for asking for them to shake hands for a publicicty shoot. He thinks taking part would have been admitting guilt. I'd take his word over Wrights any day.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
bhafc4eva said:
No big ron is a legend and just speaks his mind which is something society tries hard to prevent you from doing.

If your 'mind' is full of what Ron Atkinson said, being prevented from speaking it is no bad thing IMHO.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gary Nelson said:
Plus this happened during a game as opposed to either of them commentating on a match
Precisely. People say all sorts of things they don't mean when in the middle of a game. Vinnie Jones was refreshingly honest about this when he was once interviewed and explained that he had said racist things on the pitch, come over incredibly guilty at the end of the match and liked to think he was big enough to apologise most of the time it happened.
If Wright still had an issue with Schmeichel, we'd all know about it, especially as they are now colleagues.

It's a long way from being a racist tosser in a commentary box. He's no great loss - he was rubbish as well as racist anyway.

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
I don't go along with if it happens on the pitch it's okay. Does that mean it's okay in junior football ? If it's wrong - it's wrong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indefatigable said:
I don't go along with if it happens on the pitch it's okay. Does that mean it's okay in junior football ? If it's wrong - it's wrong.
Yep, but I just think it's a bit more exusable if in a confrontation on the pitch, especially if followed with an apology.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here