Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Albion won all their games in March, would we be top?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
OK, this is highly unlikely. However, if we were to repeat the feat of last season, would it be enough to take us into pole position?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I don't like to state the obvious but wouldn't it depend on the results of other teams ?

Exactly this. We could win the entire rest of the season, but if the teams above us do it too (or do similar) then it won't do much good. I know that's impossible as we're playing some of them, but the general point still stands.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly this. We could win the entire rest of the season, but if the teams above us do it too (or do similar) then it won't do much good. I know that's impossible as we're playing some of them, but the general point still stands.

If we win all of our remaining games then Birmingham, Blackpool, Middlesborough, Reading and West Ham can't! No doubt Gus has already identified the games he thinks we will win or need to win to get into the play-offs. Winning home games and snatching points from West Ham and Blackpool will go a long way to achieving that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What i do know is i will be there to see every kick as i have all season :)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If we win all of our remaining games then Birmingham, Blackpool, Middlesborough, Reading and West Ham can't! No doubt Gus has already identified the games he thinks we will win or need to win to get into the play-offs. Winning home games and snatching points from West Ham and Blackpool will go a long way to achieving that.

It's certainly true, but grabbing three points off West Ham won't close the gap nearly enough. Possibly if we win anything and matches between the other contenders end in draws we might get up there, but it's hard to say.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Here's my predictor ... if all this worked out (which it won't as I'm only on 2/3 success rate) and we won the three games where I have us dropping points then we'd still be 2 points behind WHU - but nice to contemplate anyway

120227Footy.png

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we have designs on the play offs (never mind the top 2) we need to be winning most games in March. We've got some very winnable games and even the game against Cardiff has come at the right time.

If we can get 16 points or so, we will be in the middle of the play off places coming into a tough April. Can't really see us finishing above 3rd to be honest.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Here's my predictor ... if all this worked out (which it won't) and we won the three games where I have us dropping points then we'd still be 2 points behind WHU - but nice to contemplate anyway

120227Footy.png

Do you just do that in a spreadsheet? Do you have a template for it? It'd be fun to have a play with :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Do you just do that in a spreadsheet? Do you have a template for it? It'd be fun to have a play with :)

Yep .. simple Excel ... takes a bit of time to set up (but that's what pre season is for :lolol: but now just plug the points in and it does the rest.

If you want to PM me you email addy happy to send it across .. unless there's some way you can get it from here - but don't know how to post an excel file

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yep .. simple Excel ... takes a bit of time to set up (but that's what pre season is for :lolol: but now just plug the points in and it does the rest.

If you want to PM me you email addy happy to send it across .. unless there's some way you can get it from here - but don't know how to post an excel file

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Oh or [MENTION=18774]Rugrat[/MENTION] you could stick it on Google Docs. I think there's a way to do it in a way that lets people clone your doc.

Also after tinkering if we win EVERYTHING I have us on 92 with WHU on 85 in second based on the rest of the predictions.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Oh or [MENTION=18774]Rugrat[/MENTION] you could stick it on Google Docs. I think there's a way to do it in a way that lets people clone your doc.

Also after tinkering if we win EVERYTHING I have us on 92 with WHU on 85 in second based on the rest of the predictions.

Erm ... may be a bit technically challenged by both of those .. and I kind of thought they were for more of the collaborative stuff ... if someone else wants a bash feel free .. otherwise happy to email it to anyone as I have done for a few who have PM'd

D

Deleted member 18477

we will win ALL our games like last year. we will be top come april. we will get promoted. we will be champions... again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here