Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If AJ plays, how about telling OGH to man-mark him.

larus

Was thinking on the way to work today about something that one of the palace posters put on here last week about Clinton would pull McShane all over the park and allow AJ (if playing) to run at GB.

What would be the merits of OGH being given a job to do on AJ. We all know that OGH is quick, don't give up and it would really piss off AJ if he's being tracked the whole time.

Doubt if it would happen, but I think he would do a bloody good job on him.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
larus said:
Was thinking on the way to work today about something that one of the palace posters put on here last week about Clinton would pull McShane all over the park and allow AJ (if playing) to run at GB.

What would be the merits of OGH being given a job to do on AJ. We all know that OGH is quick, don't give up and it would really piss off AJ if he's being tracked the whole time.

That was me! AJ had that all last season in the Prem and still notched regularly so i would imagine it wouldnt bother him greatly. AJ wont start it will be Morrison and Freedman with AJ and Macken on the bench

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
On another note you seem to be concerned about Johnson all of a sudden i thought he was a useless cheating prick who is a one season wonder? As he is so pony i wouldnt have thought you would be concerned about him tomorrow! Just a thought :wave: ;)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:
On another note you seem to be concerned about Johnson all of a sudden i thought he was a useless cheating prick who is a one season wonder? As he is so pony i wouldnt have thought you would be concerned about him tomorrow! Just a thought :wave: ;)

He may provide some sort of fluke performance?

larus

AJ's Love Monkey said:

OK. He does score goals. He is quick. But he is also a diving prick.

Oh, he ain't international standard though.

As for having all last season, I doubt if he had man-to-man marking every game. I think if OGH was (pardon the expression) 'right up his arse' the whole game, it would nullify him.

I do think he would be able to stick with him for the whole game as well. Hart is fit, and he won't give up. If he gets beat, he'll keep trying and not let his head drop.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OGH hardly covered himself in glory on Saturday though (along with the rest of the team). He got skinned for the first goal, and seemed to look off the pace throughout.

Just get Guy to dish Johnson a couple of hefty whacks early on - give that little mincing baldy twat something worth throwing himself over for.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Aj won't start. He's not gonna disrupt a winning formula to risk a half fit CHEAT

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
larus said:

Or, we could tell Guy Butters to mark him for life! :lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
larus said:
OK. He does score goals. He is quick. But he is also a diving prick.

Oh, he ain't international standard though.

As for having all last season, I doubt if he had man-to-man marking every game. I think if OGH was (pardon the expression) 'right up his arse' the whole game, it would nullify him.

I do think he would be able to stick with him for the whole game as well. Hart is fit, and he won't give up. If he gets beat, he'll keep trying and not let his head drop.

And you went to all Palace games yes? :rolleyes: What did you think teams did let him have a free rein?! Johnson wont start tomorrow he will be on the bench cheating and diving :shootself

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
As ive said on the Palace site...last season AJ played against some of the best defenders in the world and was 2nd top scorer in the Premiership behind only Thierry Henry with 22 goals, Yes alot of them were penalties, but the defenders had alot of trouble handling him. Realistically, Guy Butters, McShane, this Hart bloke and is it Jason Dodd (?) arent really going to stop AJ.

So many of you on here seem to seriously underrate Andrew Johnson...You'll be suprised at how good he actually is, Ten times the player that scored a hat-trick against you in 2002.

(as AJLM says...Dowie will probably stick with Freedman and Morrison to start)

E

enigma

KinkyGoebels said:
Hart was so so bad on sat not really the man to mark aj is he?

Although I didnt see the game, a stand in right back is hardly the man to mark their best player so have to agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

larus

enigma said:
Although I didnt see the game, a stand in right back is hardly the man to mark their best player

Why not, when he came on against Norwich, he did a good job on Huckerby who is quick and tricky. Accepted that OGH ain't a recognised back, but he is strong in the tackle, and quick.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical anyway, 'cause AJ is scared of us and won't play :lolol: .

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
eagles #1 said:
So many of you on here seem to seriously underrate Andrew Johnson...You'll be suprised at how good he actually is, Ten times the player that scored a hat-trick against you in 2002

f*** me 30-0 would be hard to accept:nono:

Albion Rob

eagles #1 said:
As ive said on the Palace site...last season AJ played against some of the best defenders in the world and was 2nd top scorer in the Premiership behind only Thierry Henry with 22 goals, Yes alot of them were penalties, but the defenders had alot of trouble handling him. Realistically, Guy Butters, McShane, this Hart bloke and is it Jason Dodd (?) arent really going to stop AJ.

So many of you on here seem to seriously underrate Andrew Johnson...You'll be suprised at how good he actually is, Ten times the player that scored a hat-trick against you in 2002.

(as AJLM says...Dowie will probably stick with Freedman and Morrison to start)

Aye, either that or he knew he wasn't really good enough but quite quick so fell over every time he got in the box.

That said, I have got horrible images of him diving for at least two pens tomorrow - we're always giving away pens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here