Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Adams goes

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I pitty the next poor bugger that gets this job. The one thing it had going for it was the fans loyalty, that has been shot to pieces by a sustained and vitriolic campaign, started by a few that were angry at the way DW was sacked. It spread like a cancer and has clearly been affecting the players at home who frankly seem too nervous to perform.

It was claimed at the start of the season MA must finish higher than DW, even though he had to rebuild. The league position was not the reason DW got sacked, the team over performed last year.

MA was always on a hiding to nothing, and it has now become a 'cause celeb' to blame MA and DK.

Barry Lloyd was the last manager I can remember getting this much stick early on, with the 'Barry Who' chants, but never can I remember such pure HATE for somebody who is trying to do a job.

I am not going to be a sheep and follow the masses on this, I want MA to stay, not because of his past glories, not because I think he has even done well up to now, but because 6 months is not enough time for him to show us what he is aiming at. I want the board including the 'silent' Mr Bloom to come out and back him until the end of the season. Take away the uncertanty that he and the players must be feeling. I don't want to be changing managers every 6 to 12 months, teams that do that always get relegated eventually as it disrupts the continuity and flow.

We got rid of McGhee too early (and I wanted him to go, but now feel I was wrong), but that was on football grounds.

Who do we get in?

Holloway, Curbishley, Pardew, Sanchez, Ince?

More likely as we will already be paying 2-3 managers we will have to look for an inexperienced manager....

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
A passionate post but I think, although many were rightly angry at how DW was dealt with with no explaination. I think most were willing to give micky a chance, All it would of taken was a few good performances & signs of playing good football, to me, with a couple of notable exceptions, we started badly & got progressively worse.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe it did "overperform" last year whatever that means.

But I will bet there is no way, no WAY that we would be struggling against relegation if Wilkins was in charge.

Mid table maybe, but not two points from safety.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
It was a massive mistake signing Adams again, after the way he struggled managing his teams after he left Brighton. He didn't do too well at Leicester, and then struggled with Coventry.

We only seem to play long ball when Adams is in charge, and it just doesn't work. At least Dean Wilkins let the team play good football - can anyone remeber the evening game against Walsall last season when we played them off the pitch for the entire game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wilkins is irrelevant to Adams. Not to Knight/the board if you criticizing them, but Adams should be judged purely and simply on what he's done. And what he's done is appalling and taking us down. And it's not because some people moaned at Withdean.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
There was no need to rebuild, why this is trotted out as an excuse by some I do not know. The fans will be happy if the team are winning games - we're not. It works that way round, not the other way. The fans are not to blame for the shite performances.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We only seem to play long ball when Adams is in charge, and it just doesn't work. At least Dean Wilkins let the team play good football - can anyone remeber the evening game against Walsall last season when we played them off the pitch for the entire game.

Clearly your memory is playing tricks with you. This isn't a 'Wilkins was shit' response but there were extended times with him in charge when we were bloody awful-remember that cup game against Mansfield for example? There were many others-he did manage to correct things though which sadly Adams doesn't look like he will.

Grimace

Banned
Nov 23, 2007
Brighton
If Micky Adams goes i will feel sick. if he goes this afternoon or this week because its a JPT game to be honest no one really takes it seriously he sign the brighton contract for three years and dont you all no its a f***ing long term contract he signs for brighton and builds a good team all the signing he has sign i havent said thats a bad one. he is a f***ing great manerger but it takes time and none of the idiots on here understand LONG TERM CONTRACT and dont have the patiance to wait. last night was a nail-biting game it went to pens and its all about luck, it was not mickys fault for the game it was the red card and pens

It was claimed at the start of the season MA must finish higher than DW, even though he had to rebuild. The league position was not the reason DW got sacked, the team over performed last year.

MA was always on a hiding to nothing, and it has now become a 'cause celeb' to blame MA and DK.

What a load of old crap! Honestly, it's just complete drivel.

I have highlighted the most offending rubbish, the sort of stuff which even the worst politician would never get away with. Adams had a team of good players, and if they were 'OVER-PERFORMING' then that says something about how bad his management is or how much better Wilkins' was.
MA was hailed on high! Coming back to BHAFC as a returning hero - that's not a "hiding to nothing" in any stretch of the imagination. Most of the fans were behind him, a few players retained at the club who must have spoke well of him, full backing from the boardroom, and a reputation that lifted every possible stone from his passway. No-one expected a Brian Clough rise to lifting the European Cup!
All he had to do, was take a fairly decent side with at least some team-work ethic and ability, who did know how to beat sides in this division - and do what he supposed to be a pro at doing.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I pitty the next poor bugger that gets this job. The one thing it had going for it was the fans loyalty, that has been shot to pieces by a sustained and vitriolic campaign, started by a few that were angry at the way DW was sacked. It spread like a cancer and has clearly been affecting the players at home who frankly seem too nervous to perform.

Barry Lloyd was the last manager I can remember getting this much stick early on, with the 'Barry Who' chants, but never can I remember such pure HATE for somebody who is trying to do a job.

I am not going to be a sheep and follow the masses on this, I want MA to stay, not because of his past glories, not because I think he has even done well up to now, but because 6 months is not enough time for him to show us what he is aiming at. I want the board including the 'silent' Mr Bloom to come out and back him until the end of the season. Take away the uncertanty that he and the players must be feeling. I don't want to be changing managers every 6 to 12 months, teams that do that always get relegated eventually as it disrupts the continuity and flow.

We got rid of McGhee too early (and I wanted him to go, but now feel I was wrong), but that was on football grounds.

Who do we get in?

More likely as we will already be paying 2-3 managers we will have to look for an inexperienced manager....

Seldom have I disagreed more with a post.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Micky Adams goes i will feel sick. if he goes this afternoon or this week because its a JPT game to be honest no one really takes it seriously he sign the brighton contract for three years and dont you all no its a f***ing long term contract he signs for brighton and builds a good team all the signing he has sign i havent said thats a bad one. he is a f***ing great manerger but it takes time and none of the idiots on here understand LONG TERM CONTRACT and dont have the patiance to wait. last night was a nail-biting game it went to pens and its all about luck, it was not mickys fault for the game it was the red card and pens

http://lilt.ilstu.edu/golson/punctuation/

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The one thing it had going for it was the fans loyalty,

The fans are loyal to the club, not the individuals. Especially not those that left us to play second fiddle at a club heading to the same division we were.

started by a few that were angry at the way DW was sacked.
Which is the fault of the board, not the fans.

It was claimed at the start of the season MA must finish higher than DW,
Yes, by Dick Knight and MA when he was unveiled as 'the man to take us forward'. That means improving on current standings.

even though he had to rebuild.
Erm, no, it didn't. There were flaws in the squad, we needed one or two players.

the team over performed last year.
Bull. Even so, given an ex-celtic player, a player that helped hull to the premiership and millwall to the FA cup, players with championship experience, this squad has underperformed.

I want MA to stay, not because of his past glories, not because I think he has even done well up to now, but because 6 months is not enough time for him to show us what he is aiming at.
He's been here 10months.

Having said all that, out of principle, I think a manager should be given a whole season, even if it results in relegation (I know that's not a popular sentiment, but it's how I feel).

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I meant over-achieved not overperformed, and I do think we have under achieved this year. That is over six months, this can get turned round, just remove the internal pressure. We are in a rut, and a quick fix for two or three games is to change the manager, but Swindon, Leeds etc are hardly better than they were before their respective sackings.

There was no need to rebuild, why this is trotted out as an excuse by some I do not know. The fans will be happy if the team are winning games - we're not. It works that way round, not the other way. The fans are not to blame for the shite performances.

No, just like no one person is responsible for poor performances, but each plays a part, and if you think the fans have no impact on how the team performs then you are wrong IMO.

Many fans were not that happy last year even though we were winning, neutral would be a word I would use.

Never mind though, MA will probably walk and we will end up in limbo, all speculating over the manager. Won't that be fun

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Who do we get in?

Completely agree, last season Wilkins also suffered abuse and calls for his sacking half way through, yet when he went, theyre was a huge outcry that it was unfair.

They picked holes in everything he did, including the old "how dare he sit in the stands for the first half, he should be on the bench, yet Coppell did the same, and that was fine.

some of our fans are just hell bent on ruining this club, they feel that they are owed a great deal in return for their support, and that they want payback now, thinking that they can do a fair better job than anyone else at the club, be it the manager, players or board, so whatever they do will never be good enough.

They have no sense of realism, that there are financial restraints on the club, we are losing money and also looking to build a new ground for the fans, but this isn't considered enough, the board give even more money and invest in the team, and this isn't enough, I for one am sick of that attitude.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Erm... how does that work? Were we given 4 points for our wins?

erm - you win games that you played poorly in and didn't deserve to, like we have now, where we play well enough to deserve something from the game but get beaten. simple really, even a 5 year old could understand it, but i guess that wouldn't fit into the way of thinking that some fans have, where the final score is the be all and end all and the teams actual performance counts for nothing. currently its if we lose, we must have been shit to have lost

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here