Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ID cards - government FORGOT to buy the card readers

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
our civil service is the envy of the world (or how to follow government orders while achieving their own objectives)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...a much derided and currently useless scheme.

currently useless? that not going to change, ID cards wont solve a single problem being touted as justification. this is one of the biggest frauds in our time, we are being robbed alot of money for something that cannot do what it claims. imagine what that money spent on police, immigration and dss fraud detection could actually achieve.

:rant::rant::rant:

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
homer-doh.jpg

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Would i be right in thinking that if you say had your wallet stolen with that in it, you would be slightly f***ed? ???

I wouldn't believe everything you read on those sites.
Banks are apparently lined up to use these id cards in tandem as credit cards.

Building readers for them, if they are widely distributed, isn't impossible is it?
All I see, is that the cards have been put out first, with the readers to follow.

Not too keen on the 'Big Brother' aspects of these kinds of things though. With passports, credit and id cards, you will be trackable throughout the World, and everything you do, every penny you own, will be documented.

At first, these cards will be purported to be for foreign nationals, but ultimately it's heading towards everyone having a numerical identity.

Similarities with Hitler's numbering of concentration camp prisoners, and Terry Gilliam's 'Brazil' spring to mind.

[yt]LFlFIG22Y9E[/yt]

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
hmm.. not a massive deal I wouldn't imagine, companies will be falling over themselves to roll them out when they're due to be live.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I cant beleve that they are still going to go ahead with ID cards. Such a waste of money in a time of ression. We have to pay for the things twice!! Once as tax payers and another as an indevidual.

Boooo ID cards. I have a passport anyway!!

read an interesting report yeasterday on google can set up a system with your consent to track you and your friends via phone's pc's etc.

I assume Governments already have and can use this technology.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
read an interesting report yeasterday on google can set up a system with your consent to track you and your friends via phone's pc's etc.

I assume Governments already have and can use this technology.

it was mentioned on TV last night, the technology has been in use by the police for ages

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
it was mentioned on TV last night, the technology has been in use by the police for ages

When they collar someone for murder/armed robbery they use CCTV , mobile phone records (cellphone sites track your movement even if the mobile is switched off) , credit card usage to prove they have the right person to back up forensic evidence.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

If that story was actually true I think you'd find it as a slightly more high profile story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here