Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Thomas-Moore

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Surprised no-one has mentioned that he has seemingly been touched up by another club and has handed in a transfer request at Tranmere.

Entirely conjecture but it seems to open up a couple of possibilities:

1. Favourites seem to be Rotherham where his father is the manager but does that mean they are preparing cover ahead of Le Fondre's possible departure? They have been talking up his value and he is often mentioned on here and is a proven goalscorer and young enough to continue to progress and to have some residual sell-on value which is surely essential if we shell out a big fee.

2. Could we be the club that has turned Moore's head? He played under Gus at Leeds and is the sort of player, a leader on the pitch and a goalscorer (1 in 4, so 15 goals a season potentially) that Gus might be interested in?

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I have no idea if Le Fondre is any good, never seen him play. No idea what he is a good at. Everyone one here raves about him, so I will follow like a sheep. The only reason I really like him though is that his REAL name is actually GLENVILE.

And for that, he should be signed!

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
Surprised no-one has mentioned that he has seemingly been touched up by another club and has handed in a transfer request at Tranmere.

Entirely conjecture but it seems to open up a couple of possibilities:

1. Favourites seem to be Rotherham where his father is the manager but does that mean they are preparing cover ahead of Le Fondre's possible departure? They have been talking up his value and he is often mentioned on here and is a proven goalscorer and young enough to continue to progress and to have some residual sell-on value which is surely essential if we shell out a big fee.

2. Could we be the club that has turned Moore's head? He played under Gus at Leeds and is the sort of player, a leader on the pitch and a goalscorer (1 in 4, so 15 goals a season potentially) that Gus might be interested in?

This looks very credible

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have no idea if Le Fondre is any good, never seen him play. No idea what he is a good at. Everyone one here raves about him, so I will follow like a sheep. The only reason I really like him though is that his REAL name is actually GLENVILE.

And for that, he should be signed!

Unlike the vast majority of people on here, I HAVE seen him play. I saw Darlington 2-0 Rotherham last season, Le Fondre had a goal disallowed for offside, but he was easily the best player on the pitch. He's quite short, but he's really stocky and strong, very quick and has a good touch. I'm hoping we do sign him, he would be well suited to our team in my opinion, the partnership he could form with Murray could potentially be lethal.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Unlike the vast majority of people on here, I HAVE seen him play. I saw Darlington 2-0 Rotherham last season, Le Fondre had a goal disallowed for offside, but he was easily the best player on the pitch. He's quite short, but he's really stocky and strong, very quick and has a good touch. I'm hoping we do sign him, he would be well suited to our team in my opinion, the partnership he could form with Murray could potentially be lethal.

Seems like the type of player who likes to sit on the shoulder of the last man, and thats exactly what we need.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seems like the type of player who likes to sit on the shoulder of the last man, and thats exactly what we need.

Indeed - it's what Holroyd with his pace is supposed to be able to do (ie. his specific strength) although it hasn't worked for him yet. I'm not joining the knockers though because I still think he has time to come good if played in a two man attack

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Indeed - it's what Holroyd with his pace is supposed to be able to do (ie. his specific strength) although it hasn't worked for him yet. I'm not joining the knockers though because I still think he has time to come good if played in a two man attack

Thats why we are looking for another striker simply because he isn't any good and is not decent back-up.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

So in a game where Rotherham got beaten by bottom of the table Darlington and where he didn't score you would say to sign him on that basis?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Me and a mate had a strange obsession when he was at Rochdale, and always said he'd go on to better things, remember seeing him against good opposition in the cup once and he looked impressive (team eludes me but it was for Dale).
When i've seen his goals or watched him live on the box, the one player he reminds me of is someone like Charlie Austin. He's one of those players that gets in positions to score goals, nipping in at the front post etc, and is suprisingly decent in the air given his size. Everytime he gets the ball, he's one of those players (like Austin did for me and others saturday) that makes you panic, someone who you know could produce a bit of magic.
Would be delighted if we signed him, one of my favourite non-albion players.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
has he played higher than division 4 in his career? if so how well has he done?
Think he did early in his career at Stockport. Don't think he did a lot but that was a while ago.

I've no idea if he's any good or not. But I'd rather have him than Ian Moore. :lol:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I'd love it if we signed him, but Tony Stewart won't take less than 1.5 for Alfie. He's fookin' magic.

Ronnie's tapped up Ian, I'd be surprised if he wasn't at DVS by the end of next week. It's always possible that someone will make a stupid bid for Alfie, but the main reason for them going for IM is cos they haven't got any other strikers at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here