Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway or Aidy Boothroyd please...

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Need someone to fire the players up a bit, someone they will want to play for, someone with some new ideas.

Paul Ince might be alright but I fear he would do a runner as soon as a Premershite or top Championship job became available.

By the way, thanks Micky, legend status retained :clap:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great. A clown with no great track record of success or a long ball merchant. That's progress.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well, I'd have given Adams until the end of the season. Of the realistic choices, Steve Cotterill because he's shown himself to be a good coach, even if he is a bit of a strange bugger sometimes.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I too would have given Adams longer, especially with him just having signed his own players. Also agree Cotterill seems a good coach but he's always seemed a bit bland to me. Personally I'd prefer someone with a bit more about him and if your argument against Holloway is that he hasn't got a track record of success then Cotterill's isn't much better is it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Please, please, please not Boothroyd - we've seen enough hoofing football recently !!!!

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
I think I would have given Mickey to the end of the season but hey what do I know ?
Oh yeah, I know enough not to want that idiot Holloway any where near our club.

Not with this massive anti Holloway thing, thought he did very well at Plymouth / Bristol Rovers at this sort of level?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Would be more than happy with Holloway. Did well with Rovers, Plymouth & QPR. Forget Leicester. Top draw manager at this level. Would put passion back into the players and ensure surival in this league.

Why all the anti-Holloway feeling? :ohmy:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What do you mean, 'Forget Leicester'? He was absolutely dire there, and took a club out of the top two divisions for the first time in their history.

It's like saying 'Steve McClaren is a great manager. Forget England'.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Holloway, Boothroyd, and for that matter Cotterill are all out of the same mould as Adams. Why get rid of Adams then? The only way this decision will make any sense is if we go back to the way Wilkins was doing things and get in a fresh young manager using modern coaching techniques. The three options therefore seem to be Gallon, Ince or Saunders.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
What do you mean, 'Forget Leicester'? He was absolutely dire there, and took a club out of the top two divisions for the first time in their history.

It's like saying 'Steve McClaren is a great manager. Forget England'.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he inheritated a club in manure. He wasn't solely responsible for relegation. They had 2 other managers that season. The club were near enough in the zone when he took over mid way through the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here