Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart Brighton and Hove Albion Legend

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
For some of you having a go at Harty.Let me remind you what he has done.He sold me as a school kid my first copy of gulls eye in 1988.He exposed the wankers that nearly killed our club and helped bring their downfall.He got us our phone in and has been doing it for 10 years(before that we had a report every 20 minutes during the game)also he does do a lot of good charity work most he keeps quiet about.
Some of you having a pop might wonder if you have done as much for the Albion as him.In my eyes a legend :drink::drink::whisky:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For those of us who are exiles, and can remember the world before the internet, Harty and Gulls Eye was the umbilical cord to all things of an Albion nature.
I can remember every time GE plopped through the letterbox reading it from cover to cover. I don't know who many of the characters were (Lenny Rider, Nigel Erskine et al), but the passion, enthusiasm, humour and above all love of the Albion always shone through every issue.

Long may Harty reign. Without people like him supporting a crap football club is a much poorer experience.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But if he mentions Doris Stokes or does the granny had wheels joke again I'll murder him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
With all due respect to Mr. Hart, I don't think the term 'legend' (which is a stupidly overused word in general these days anyway) would be appropriate here.

People like Peter Ward are Albion legends, and to say that Ian Hart could compare to people of that ilk is just ridiculous IMO. I don't disagree that his contribution to the club should be respected and recognized, but a legend? Sorry, not for me.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
With all due respect to Mr. Hart, I don't think the term 'legend' (which is a stupidly overused word in general these days anyway) would be appropriate here.

People like Peter Ward are Albion legends, and to say that Ian Hart could compare to people of that ilk is just ridiculous IMO.

a fans legend,how old are you,do u remember the shit days,without Atilla,Harty,Paul S,and Lord B this club would of been f***ed all legends in my view

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
a fans legend,how old are you,do u remember the shit days,without Atilla,Harty,Paul S,and Lord B this club would of been f***ed all legends in my view

Didn't you help then? ???

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Didn't you help then? ???

I was there every game apart from ist half of mansfield and end of hereford,went on all the marches .I see where youre coming from Doug with this but some fans did more to highlight what was going on at the time.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton

Indeed, most of us of a certain 'Age' will probably agree, it takes a certain kind of person to have that kind of commitment to our club.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Seems like you're missing quite an important name off of that list to me, one who ultimately guaranteed this club's survival in those awful days.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Seems like you're missing quite an important name off of that list to me, one who ultimately guaranteed this club's survival in those awful days.

If the likes of harty had not exposed what was going on then Dick Knight would never of got the chance to be chairman.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Indeed, most of us of a certain 'Age' will probably agree, it takes a certain kind of person to have that kind of commitment to our club.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way doubting Mr. Hart's commitment to the club (nor that or any of the others mentioned), but I still personally don't see him as an Albion legend.

Maybe it's just me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The guy is a legend, loves this club, Can't see why anyone would have any grumbles with him.

The same could certainly be said for Dick Knight.

However if Ian Hart got no listeners I suspect SCR would switch off the plug.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Harty's great but I suspect he can take the slings and arrows that NSC posters throw at him. He dishes it out so he can take it. just wish he would not make thse dreadful jokes. :lol:

Yeah, bury the jokes Harty. ???

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
For some of you having a go at Harty.Let me remind you what he has done.He sold me as a school kid my first copy of gulls eye in 1988.He exposed the wankers that nearly killed our club and helped bring their downfall.He got us our phone in and has been doing it for 10 years(before that we had a report every 20 minutes during the game)also he does do a lot of good charity work most he keeps quiet about.
Some of you having a pop might wonder if you have done as much for the Albion as him.In my eyes a legend :drink::drink::whisky:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here